Ranking All English Gold Stars

lol how is there a spread between 38-40 votes.

There might be some buggy stuff going on; I mis-clicked on Pikachu, and when I adjusted my vote the count went up again. I think it counted my erroneous vote and my corrected vote as separate votes, instead of disregarding and replacing that initial vote…

Wow, the results are pretty interesting so far… :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Your vote was only counted once on Pikachu

1 Like

:melting_face:

1 Like

As a mod who can see the votes, it’s funny how I vote 10 for some cards and the average is very low; and then I vote low for a card and the average is way higher than those I voted 10 for… :melting_face:

I 100% fall in this category based on those averages, lmao.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

My unpopular opinion: Greninja gold star is an incredible card and the only reason people don’t like it is because it’s cheap. If it were released as a hard-to-pull set card or limited Japanese promo, people would consider it one of the greatest gold stars.

11 Likes

The Greninja illustration is top 3 material.

Looking forward to seeing the results!

For me, the Hoenn starter trio always felt like they had more care put into their artwork than the others, making them my top picks.

After that I really like the “no nonsense” pose of Pikachu and how well Fukuda’s style works with Pokemon’s mascot.

Also have a soft spot for the Regis. They are criminally underrated gold stars that showcase phenomenal colour composition between their inorganic designs and the background.

1 Like

I hate it bc of the stamp :()

2 Likes

Decent number of voters so far! Quite looking forward to seeing the results, will go to show how art is so subjective. NGL will be sour if Regice, Suicune and Pikachu are not near the top.

Why is liking and disliking Greninja both an unpopular opinion?

Greninja looks a bit… wet to me, like a bit too much highlights were put on it, I also dislike the stamp and the new holographic. Could’ve been an absolute banger yeah, but it missed the mark if you ask me.

That was fun! Hope to see more threads like this

4 Likes

I felt like a PSA grader. I’ll just slap a few random 8s and 3s on a few of these.

6 Likes

the single culprit

stamp

3 Likes

Gold stars are pretty average compared to other shiny/shining sets IMO. A few of them have cool arts but overall nothing crazy. One of the main things that disappoints me with these is that quite a few of the Pokemon selected don’t have noticeable color differences. I also think that an entire set of delta species would have been amazing, instead of the handful we got.

The way I see it is they are better than most modern shiny Pokemon cards, but not better than Neo Shining, Call of Legends, Black & White series, etc.

1 Like

your pokemon (ok, and profile pic) give away your love for dpp shies xD <3

1 Like

Completely agree. Price does weird things to the brain

when results

And please continue this series @pfm with other types of cards/rarities!

1 Like