Ranking All English Gold Stars - Results

Although the Chick’s placement is exhilarating, I am always going to be disappointed until he is on his rightful throne at the top :pray:t3:

2 Likes

Overall not too surprising, I think the majority of Gold Star art is meh. Not amazing, not horrible and a 7ish rating for most of them is about what I expected

1 Like

Glad chonky mudkip made it into the top 3, even though I’d say it’s cooler than the golden ratio rayquaza

Sad that regice didn’t get the love it deserves

Not sure if I’d say the results were lukewarm if we take 5 to mean an average score. The gold stars tend to rank above average to people on this forum, though some are definitely more mixed than others with only a handful unanimously agreed upon to be exceptional.

Would also be interesting to see these sorted by the average price of a PSA 9/NM copy for each card to see if there’s any correlation between price and aesthetic.

1 Like

Can we do this for other sets like shinings and crystals?

4 Likes

I think it could be extended out into a series.

Level X, Prime, ex, Prism, Tag Team NA/AA, Mega, set holos etc.

edit: though the final results will still need salt since Regis ended up last here which is mind-boggling. Still can’t understand how those epic poses are rated last with weird compositions like Mew being up so high.

2 Likes