pwcc vault

Question for the board. Is putting your Pokemon cards in
the pwcc vault a good option.

Yes, if you want to avoid certain fees/taxes and have very good protection. You don´t have to worry about the cards at all, you can go on vacation or do whatever you want. You will get very high res scans of your cards and can always get them out of the vault, shipped to you. Relative to the service pwcc is providing here, I think their fees are very acceptable.

Yes, particularly for their insurance policy.

1 Like

Highly recommended! I’ve been using it for over a year. It’s a really terrific service.

1 Like

If you are buying a big card…the tax savings might be worth it alone

Yeah, pwcc is very credible and reasonably priced, plus they have a solid reputation for quality services provided.

the pwcc vault is my favorite thing in cards

1 Like

How does it work for eBay purchases? Just put your fault address in the shipping information? Do you need to do anything else like a vault submission? @austonmatthews, @miguelito, @pokecollectoramy,

This seems too good to be true…

Yeah it’s pretty awesome but you don’t get to see your collectibles on a daily basis :blush:

I can understand your apprehension @pokehut1, but it is really that easy to do and as stated before, they are very reputable and many people have used them successfully!

Is it easy to remove cards?

Though I haven’t personally removed cards, I would assume it would be pretty straightforward.

If you are hesitant about using the vault or have questions to feel more at ease, I would advise giving them a call and speaking with someone directly. I’m sure they would be willing to answer any questions you may have that aren’t detailed on their website.

1 Like

I use it from time to time if I’m buying an expensive card on eBay to avoid the taxes. I’ve had them send cards back to me that have been sitting there for a while and it was easy. Only thing is you have to pay for them to ship them back to you obviously but if you want your cards extra safe or live in a state that charges roughly 6% sales tax like most do it’s absolutely worth it

1 Like

9% for NY…

1 Like

not for me.

If you feel on a whim of looking at your cards, this is too much of a hassle. If you have no item of keeping your cards and plan to sell them in the future would be the only reason but you will be spend money on fees so that has to be taken into account when selling your item.

It’s really easy.

You don’t even have to create a submission request, I just ship things there - and they automatically let me know when it’s received.

The fees are small - I hold all of my cards in the portfolio … sports/pokemon etc.

I personally now like having them there, more than having them physically

If you ship the cards to PWCC, then ship it to your home at a later date, will you avoid the sales tax altogether?

Yes

2 Likes