PWCC Vault

Hey all, considering buying a high end card from the following PWCC block, and started considering leaving it there for a while, as I’m not planning on selling it.

I’d love if someone has first hand experience and could give some insight about it. My main concern is if there are any hidden fees/payments to be done, and if its easy to retrieve a card if wanted to, either in person or shipped to my address.

Thanks all!

It’s very straight forward. Sign up for vault and you receive a vault number. If you buy from PWCC they will move it to the vault at your request and you will not pay sales tax nor shipping. When it gets there you pay an intake fee and it takes a few days to “curate”. Basically that means they take some days to make it part of your portfolio and give it an insured value etc. You will pay a monthly storage fee (very small) based off that insured value. If you ever want to have it shipped to you, you send a request, you pay any outstanding storage fees/intake fees and they ship it to you the next day. Very simple. I’ve never asked to see the cards in person but I’ve been assured that is just as easy.

4 Likes

It’s probably my 2nd favorite service in this hobby, next to Ludkins.

-Their fees are very reasonable and transparent.

-Their customer service is excellent.

-They sent me a fully insured fedex label for $100,000 to send my first batch of cards I still had stored at my house.

-Their portfolio website to see your cards is very easy to use and the high-res photos are fantastic.

-From the portfolio you can sell in PWCC auctions or vault listing with the click of a button.

-You can ask them to send your cards in the vault back to you or anyone with ease.

I know this sounds like an ad, but I’m truly impressed with their service I think it’s a home run option.

16 Likes

Most of my eBay purchases go to the vault. It’s easier to let them handle receiving packages, scanning cards and inventory cards.

Even with a PO box or a mailroom in my apt, there’s risk. Some weeks I can’t make to to the post office or if there’s a snowstorm. PWCC Vault is a very low risk and insured method to collect without disruptions to day-to-day life.

If it weren’t for certain fee structures, I’d use them for all my eBay inventory. No questions. No low ball offers. Just BINs that’ll sell when they sell. PWCC gives back peace of mind for an incrementally higher fee. (This is seeming like a better option the more I think about it)

I don’t like the Vault is all one pile of cards. There’s no way to categorize cards. For example: Collection cards vs extra cards for sale. So much more to dive into. The post above does a great job outlining the benefits too.

11 Likes

Wow thank you both for such a quick and detailed explanation! That makes it perfect for me in this case, me being from Argentina I don’t feel like paying insane import duties, and I don’t have to risk over 60k in cards in the mail.

Thank you again!

2 Likes

I’ve been having the same issue, I wish there were folders or something to organize them

3 Likes

To add to the folder organization criticism there’s a few other things I hope they implement in the future:

-Adding notes to your items. I’d love to be able to add things like original purchase price (cost basis) of the item and other details such as who I bought the card from.

-Real-time fair market value update and the ability to one-click update the insurance value of you choose.

I’m curious if anyone else has any other criticisms? I’d like to produce a formal request to send to PWCC at some point. I think the things we describe are really simple to implement.

2 Likes

After you make or log into PWCC account go here: members.pwccmarketplace.com/vault/submit

The whole process is really easy. Takes five minutes tops.

1 Like

What happens if you fail to pay the monthly bill? At what point do your cards become theirs?

2 Likes

My ultimate dream is A) further categorizing of vault collections vs cards intended to sell and B) an open trade market! Since you are simply transferring ownership via the vault system, there are so many possibilities for trading across the world from the comfort of your home, especially for rare cards where people prefer other rare cards over cash.

7 Likes

Few downsides of using the vault

• whenever you mention it, people always say “you never get to see or hold your cards?:thinking:?”

• Things are just organised by date, you cant manually organise them

• market prices aren’t updated, you need to do it yourself manually

• they don’t send insurance shipping forms internationally

positives:
everything else about it, it’s great

1 Like

Here’s the fees.

www.pwccmarketplace.com/vault-pricing

Oh, another downside is you have to manually pay the fees each month, as far as I am aware

You can’t just leave your CC on file to auto-deduct

To me that’s a downside, to others that might be some sort of security measure or something

Is it not possible that they take it from the account?

You can do that but it’s still manual

And can not pay for 1 year up front?

As I’ve started buying more expensive cards on eBay, I’ve started thinking about getting a PWCC vault. Example: I need to buy a 1st edition Dark Charizard PSA 10. That’s going to run me close to $10k. I’m in NY. That’s 9% in tax. So, that means another $900. Or I can ship it straight to them and store it for a fraction of the price. And if I then want it, I can ship it to myself and voila, I got around paying state tax.

1 Like

I think because of the possibility that new cards may be added to your vault through the year, thereby changing the fees owed, I can see why they don’t offer up front payment.

You said the quiet part out loud

9 Likes

I mean… PWCC doesn’t exactly hide the fact that this is what they’re helping you achieve. That’s why they ask for your zip code. lol