PSA Reopens Value Service @ $30/card

They are technically a different company, not just Ludkins rebranded. However Peter who is the owner, is a Ludkins employee who is handling the Ludkins USA returns.

See their post here when asking in the comments if Ludkins USA will ever open for orders again.

1 Like

It is very funny to me that PSA has made it that we are now paying 3x the price it was pre-2021 with a turnaround thatā€™s 3x as long and everyone is ecstatic :rofl:

9 Likes

Has the $30 value tier opened yet? I donā€™t see it as an option on the Service Level tab.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like itā€™s open!

still waiting for my ludkins order from late 2020 lol

Sent my first $30 tier order this morning, will probably send another within the week. Will post updates in the Giant Grading Thread in the future.

I mailed out my $30 tier submission first thing this morning in hopes to beat the crowd. I think $25-30 is an appropriate price to make people think twice about submitting junk slabs. I know it used to be cheaper, but if this is the new demand for a while, I understand it.

Also this is pretty odd: on the day PSA opens a $30 tier, my March 2021 submission finally completed after 15+ months and shipped out. Same day! Amazing coincidence, hm? lol

Good luck to all who send out for grading!

3 Likes

Haha got mine out too this morning. My ā€œdip my toe in the waterā€ approach quickly turned into a 130 card submission. Have another few hundred that make sense @$30. Was pretty surprised with what I found when digging through my boxes of cards accumulated since the tier shut down.

1 Like

I got mine out too, but then I realized I forgot to fill in the package information on the submission form where it says ā€œcustomer must provideā€. Has this happened to anyone else? I hope they donā€™t make a big deal out of it. I contacted support just in case, but I havenā€™t heard back from them yet.

I forgot to fill this out once too, never had an issue. To confirm, you mean the ā€œ# of orders in this packageā€ and ā€œ# of cards in this packageā€? I only had 1 order and 2 cards in that case, might have been an issue if there were multiple orders in the package or something.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. Yes, that is indeed what I mean. Of course this happens to me the first time I send in multiple orders. But then again, I canā€™t be the first person this happens to, so Iā€™m not too worried. And your post did calm my nerves a little. :grin:

1 Like

Just sent in my 33 card order with plenty of good stuff! Hopefully the card value is overlooked on some of these! lol

www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6KvlemT_no

3 Likes

How many cards are still stuck in the queue?

I notice that the number of Hidden Fates Bird Trio continues to increase - that has to be backlog instead of people still submitting those.

1 Like

Late to the party, but had to swing by to say two things:

1. OOOOOOF
  2. Plz gib sub-$20 bulk/specials

Thank you for your time.

ā€œEffective immediately, all PSA Collectors Club members can submit any card issued from 1996 to present with a Declared Value of $499 or less in a Value submission, with no minimum number of cards required. We anticipate Value orders of any size being processed in 120 calendar days or less. Click here to learn more about joining the Collectors Club and submitting at the Value service level.ā€

After only one week, the minimum of 20 cards is no longer required. It seems that the amount of new submissions is below their expectations. I expect it to drop to $ 25-20 very soon.

10 Likes

This is great news imo. Really hoping this is a hint at a bulk option with pre-covid pricing returning in the near future.

1 Like

The writing is on the wall that the market will look a little different 120 days (turnaround time) from now. $30 grading fee might make sense today for some cards, but not 4-6 months from now.

This might have something to do with the lack of submissions PSA has received since opening the $30 tier.

3 Likes

Not sure if the math is there yet for PSA. SGC and CSG/CGC are turning around at $30 in 10 days or less. For anyone looking for cash flow it doesnā€™t make sense to go for 120 days (maybe if psa can keep their promise) even if the expected value is higher after the grading given the are no guarantees in this market that far out in the future.

IMO, $30 is a decent price point for grading. Assuming the turnaround comes down quite a bit when the backlog is cleared, I would be quite happy to pay $30 to grade cards that come back in say 2 months. Especially for quicker/easier sales and a stronger selling price than CGC.

The comments on PSA posts are riddled with people either moaning about their subs from 1-2 years ago still being there (understandable) or the price point being too high compared to what it was historically. People just need to move with the times.

4 Likes

Itā€™s going to stay at 30 in my opinion. The only companies that will suffer will be CGC and others that try to mimic the 30 dollar level. If the price were to drop it would result in a flood of lower valued cards being submitted again, so I think it is here to stay unless they truly can handle a lower value submission.

If PSAā€™s capacity really is 1 million per month I think we will see $15-20 per card sometime in 2023.

The economy, living costs and almost all assets are negative, interest in cards is down from 2020 and 2021 and the margin between graded and raw values has narrowed for most cards that arenā€™t rare/old/mint in Pokemon. I assume itā€™s the same for the majority of sports cards.

I think people are starting to realise that grading everything isnā€™t going to be sustainable in making infinite profit and either walk away or become way more selective. I have a grading pile but wouldnā€™t submit 95%+ of it at $30 per card.

Taking all this in consideration, I donā€™t think PSA will sustain the optimum demand for their newly increased capacity at $30 and will have to lower the price. Hopefully we will get back to reasonable prices and turnaround times

6 Likes