PSA Reopens Value Service @ $30/card

It’s definitely steep but I understand why they did it. They’re trying to go with a slow drip.

There’s no way it stays at $30 for good.

2 Likes

So do we think it will go down even further next year, say $20 bulk tier?

On the other hand, I am not sure how I feel about them accepting bulk when I still haven’t gotten my cards back from early 2021. Funny story when I submitted back then, they quote me 6-9 months… well it’s been more than 15 months now and still nothing lol.

Highly suggest everyone to take their advertised 120 days estimate turnaround time for this $30 tier submission with a grain of salt.

Suck out all the money you can until demand drops while buying some more time to catch up. Then lower the price when demand wanes. Would do the same.

3 Likes

They committed to finishing existing value orders before shipping back the new ones. But yes, PSA has a bad reputation with timelines which hopefully they can overcome. We have all had to deal with it, especially people who used middlemen. I don’t think they get a tidal wave like in early 2021 @$30/card but maybe I’m wrong.

I’m definitely taking the wait and see approach, I’m confident in the long term potential of the raw cards I’m holding so I feel no need to be the first one through the gate with this new bulk pricing model.

2 Likes

Same.

I might send in a handful of cards at $30, but I’ll wait on the vast majority of them. I just can’t see the value tier staying at $30 for very long. Wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if it drops down to $20 by the fall once they completely clear their original backlog.

There’s already an asterisk next to the 120 day (6 month turnaround). I’d take that with a pound of salt lol

1 Like

120 days is a four-month turnaround.

2 Likes

If that 120 day turnaround is only business days then it would be about a 6 month turnaround time

1 Like

Economy says 90 days on their site, but in practice is currently around 20 business days. Maybe that indicates a quicker turnaround time for value? A man can hope.

Oof wrecked lol.

Clearly PSA continues to use the FIFO method. First In Fuck Off

14 Likes

PSA is no longer quoting anything in business days, they solely give estimates in calendar days now.

1 Like

If 50% of the “value” service grader are grading dealer submission ( Ludkins, GradedGem etc) and other 50% the normal direct submission. When PSA say when the all “value” cards are graded they will grade the new submissions, it means all including “dealer” ones or just the direct submission one? When the direct grader finish to grade the backlog, will them help the dealer grader? Or just start grading the new submissions? What do you think?

They always used to talk in business days. If that changed, that’s good

2 Likes

Oh cool I did not know they made that change, that’s some good news for us then

Lets goooooo! I need to get my damn order together now. For anyone interested, Polaris grading is taking orders if you are not a PSA club member.

Ludkins still doing middleman? I only have a few I need to send in for cross grade/review

They need to have a stipulation for this tier submission by not allowing any modern Charizards :skull:

1 Like

I’m quite surprised they are allowing any sports or TCG cards newer than 2010

1 Like

I think they are now called Polaris Grading but just in USA