Dual Service Bulk
Price: $25/card
Max Declared Value: $499
Card Minimum: No
Turnaround: 75 Business Days
Membership: Yes

Thoughts?

4 Likes

Bulk is going to $19 a card. Is this an… Increase? Pretty unexpected to be honest, I feel like most people were waiting on $12. Imo a $1 per card increase to ensure a faster turn around time is very nice though!

1 Like

Higher declared value too

3 Likes

This is the bigger thing for me since turnaround times have been good anyway. That said, would still like to see a $10/card tier for lower value cards!

1 Like

Except now all of the tiers below regular share that same DV. Now you’re paying $75 a card if you’re over $499 DV, as opposed to $50 before for Economy at $999.

Probably not the end of the world or anything especially since they tend to be kind of lax with DV, but still.

2 Likes

What are people’s opinions on whether to submit now or wait to see if a new special will come after the new year?

What do you mean by cpm gradeable?

$40 for 20 business days, no membership necessary is not a bad deal at all. The jump to $75 for the other tier is not so fun though

2 Likes

Im gonna have to agree with this. I never really understood the collective idea that theyll soon be back to 12 or 10$ not much data at all to suggest that

3 Likes

Especially not with inflation the way it is and getting worse. $15 might be lowest we’ll see.

2 Likes

Overall the changes aren’t too bad imo. Bulk going up a dollar is kinda lame but at the same time, providing a more concrete turnaround is nice. Perhaps raising bulk a dollar is also a good strategy to get people to panic submit for the $15 holiday special. I don’t think seeing a lower special fee in the future is out of the question, I just don’t think it would be as low as some people think. I would guess maybe a $14 or $13 at best.

The only real potential problem here is if you want to submit cards with a DV between $500 and $1500 as your forced to jump up in price quite a bit. Probably seems worse than it actually is though unless they suddenly become more strict with DV. I’m sure most things will slide through value without question.

I would say psa made a good business decision, they know how to price their products with what they have.

I see myself with cgc forever now oh well.

they clearly noticed that people were too often upcharged… in my case 25% of my cards :sweat_smile: so make sense to increase the declared value.

At the end I hope it will stop or slow down people from grading unnecessary bulk cards (Trainer gallery, holos, V cards) that should stay in a binder rather…

so $19 not unexpected (after the facts :sweat_smile:) considering inflationary pressure overall.

a 5$ spread doesn’t make a difference unless you operate on a thin margin which also point that you have been walking on thin ice for a while …

Eh, i wouldnt let the increase fomo anyone into submitting at $19 when they were otherwise going to wait. Theyre probably just trying to find their footing with reopening tiers and increasing declared value (it definitely makes more sense that $19 would be $499, thats a lot better than $18 at $199 imo). Im sure we will see a lower bulk price for this $100-199 declared value in 2023 at some point. Could be gearing up to lower the price for bulk on that value.

Idk, guess we will have to wait and see!

People seem to be really quick to make fairly vast, stretching assumptions about the lowest prices will go. Right now is not going to be forever. Things will change, just as they did when all this mess first happened. Just chill out a little bit and surely things will be okay !

2 Likes

@cig @wisewailmer

People said the same thing when PSA was at $20 two years ago. And then when they were at $30 earlier this year. And then when the special was at $18. Heck, during the shutdown, we even had people saying PSA wouldn’t go below $50 a card ever again.

The whole “PSA will never get below X amount ever again” should never be a statement anyone makes. You can never be sure what the company will do.

Going down a couple of dollars from $15 is absolutely not going to overload PSA. It’s pretty clear they didn’t get flooded at $15 or else they wouldn’t have reopened the special again.

The declared value jumping is significant, too. To me this is a hint that PSA will end up doing what many have been predicting for a while now, which is opening up a lower tier at like $10-12 with a really low value cap.

7 Likes

It absolutely makes a difference, and for cards you may not even initially think of. A $5 difference is a pretty significant gap for things like Unlimited WOTC holos, 1st Edition Base Set non-holos, etc. I wouldn’t say those types of cards are “unnecessary” to grade.

PSA will open up a lower tier. People just need to be patient and stop jumping to conclusions.

2 Likes

$19 at $499 declared makes sense to me, 2023 is gonna be the (only) year I have a membership.

1 Like

Yeah I’d honestly rather have $19/$499 than $15/$199 because at least then I don’t have to be as picky with what I send in. Not that PSA has been strict with upcharges, but it does provide some peace of mind when sending in higher-end cards.

3 Likes

Absolutely. The thought of jumping all the way to $75 turns my stomach but who knows, maybe that’ll change too at some point.

2 Likes