New Permanent PSA Tier - $15 TCG Bulk

Sharing that PSA has released a permanent $15 TCG tier for Collector’s Club members with a value limit of $199/card with a minimum of 20 cards submitted. Quoted turnaround time is 65 days.

https://www.psacard.com/pricing

16 Likes

Edging ever closer to that $10-12 special…

13 Likes

would absolutely love to see this happen

Just wait a few more months, guessing it will be $12 for $199 Value Bulk and $15 for $499 Value Bulk

2 Likes

The circumstances brought on by the Scamdemic were a big learning curve for PSA, they’ve been carefully monitoring workload while tentatively offering specials here and there. They’ll most likely test the waters further via a couple of $10-12 specials to see what impact it has on volume. Who knows how long that process will take, but hopefully not ‘too’ long! If $10 bulk comes back on a permanent basis then CGC will become R-I-P.

3 Likes

Gotta say that even as a CGC apologist I’m really surprised they still haven’t touched their prices over the last year while PSA and BGS have been racing to the bottom as their backlogs cleared out. Their pricing at the $10k/$50k levels is still great but the lower end pricing with a fixed rate on subgrades just hasn’t seemed aligned with their turn time for quite a while.

7 Likes

$12 special by December

1 Like

I’ll actually say earlier than that. I have been guessing sometime between May-July for a while now.

1 Like

I think they hold at $15 wide open a few months to see what kind of consistent volume they get without it being a special. As much as I’d love $12, I think their volume at $15 is still too good for them to drop any cheaper. There is no need to rush down in price, it’s not like the competition is doing anything.

2 Likes

15$?!

Yay! Now everyone can send in their Champions Path ETB Charizords. Oh wait…they already did :melting_face:

Sigh, I just want CGC to drop to 10$…and and I’m SORRY they astroturfed once upon a time, but I’m a CGC fanboy now :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

In Q4 last year most people were pretty convinced we would see a sub $15 special in Q1 of 2023. That hasn’t happened but it seems we may get there sometime this year.

Initially people may have been reluctant to submit too much at $15 because of the fear that graded prices might not hold with the increased supply. That doesn’t seem to have been the case; a lot of cards (most?) worth submitting at $15 last year are still worth submitting at $15.

Below that, there are plenty of cards that don’t make sense until grading is <$10.

1 Like

I remember someone mentioned that PSA did a $12 submission special once. But I could not find anything about it on Google. Can someone tell me about it or send me a link when the special took place?

What timeline are you looking for? They had a $7.50 quarterly special around 3 years ago. That was the start of the massive backlog.

4 Likes

Oh, that would be interesting to info about as well. The past 3 years would be interesting.

Those sub $10 numbers were prior to PSA being bought out and going private. Also if you go back to different eras, the now cheap $15 tier was the cost of the regular service level. Not saying the costs can’t decrease, but past prices are just not really valuable data points.

1 Like

That’s really good to know. Thank you.
Do you know what the cheapest price was, since they got bought out?

They did a special that was sub $10 summer of 2020. That’s was probably the lowest right before the buyout.

3 Likes

And the 12$ special came after the buyout?

I don’t think $12 happened. But maybe they had something for sports?

May 2020 had $7.50 special and after that expired then $10 wasopen through Feb 2021.

Increased from $10 to $20 in March 2021

Then PSA closes.

2 Likes