PSA Special $18/Card through end of July

https://www.psacard.com/specials

20 card min
$199 max value
150 day turnaround

4 Likes

Welp looks like the patreon exclusive info out now :melting_face:

Seriously though it’s a good sign. It still feels surreal I can finally submit cards to psa.

4 Likes

RIP to the people who sent their grading stacks in at the $30 tier last week.

So now no one can expect to charge so much for junk and average slabs. The argument was always it costs so much to grade, its worth atleast the current grading fee.

1 Like

5 Likes

Surprised it happened so quickly honestly. Assuming they did not get the volume of subs they expected. Will be sending in a good chunk of my personal backlog over the course of July

The caveat is the $199 max value. I am assuming they will be more strict with value limits/upcharges going forward. I have been getting away with murder on these economy subs lately

3 Likes

in this market your 1st ed base holos are sub 200$
:slight_smile:
though theyll probably assess price in 150 days when theyre done and the market could be back and then theyll go upcharge happy

1 Like

CGC $10 special incoming! I love it.

2 Likes

Race to the bottom until cards coming in matches cards coming out.

As a literal infant with no object permanence, 150 days is still way, way too long for me. Let me know when we are back under a 30 day turnaround. 150 days might as well be 70 years. I’ll send my cards in and my grandchildren can receive them back.

6 Likes

And yet I am still waiting for my October 2020 sub from Ludkins still haha

11 Likes

To put this in perspective, PSA’s stated 150-day turnaround time (they have gone to calendar days instead of business days) equates to 5 months.

I have a submission currently at PSA which I submitted to my middleman in December 2020 (1 year, 7 months ago). It’s been away for approximately 565 days.

I’m amazed we are back to cheap grading so fast. Two months ago they were just opening up $50/card without lottery tiers. Very interesting to see where things go from here.

7 Likes

2 Likes

Go forth! Be free!
gundamBlessing

1 Like

Man, demand must be pretty low for them to be opening up all these tiers so quickly (from $50 to $18 in two months). I’d be interested to see the total graded numbers into the end of the year after the backlog is finally done.

Like others said, 150 days is too long for me as well when SGC and CGC are at 10 days. Hope to get back to the old days of a month or less eventually :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Seems like ~$10 is inevitable with their capacity expanding once the new office opens up.

2 Likes

I’m hoping we’ll be at the $10-20/card range by the end of the year. Still going to hold off for now due to the 150 day estimated turnaround time.

3 Likes

5 months is not bad, much better than the 720 day turnaround times

4 Likes

Personally I couldn’t care less that the turnaround time is 5 months. I’ve had hundreds of cards ready to go sitting in a box for a year and a half, who cares if they go sit at PSA for 5 more months? I’m just happy to be able to submit again.

8 Likes

Ok I really have to prioritize going thru ludkins. I don’t have 20 cards that need graded. I just have a few that need reslabbed and one cross grade which I’m debating between crossing or cracking. Kind of cool new company but the rest of my collection is PSA cards all registered in the set registry which I’m a huge fan of