Possible tera type Charizard leak from Obsidian Flame

sort of, but they’re more limited than vmaxes were. for example, typically, there would only be one tera ex per set instead of with vmaxes, there would be maybe 2 or 3

2 Likes

Which Tera cards in particular? The regular, the full art, the gold?

I find the full art Tera cards to be a much better improvement over the regular Vmax cards. My biggest issue with Vmax cards is they seemed to blend together, especially when you have them side by side. The SWSH sets also suffered by having lots of them per set. It seems that SV sets in Japan get 1 Tera card, meaning English have around 2 or 3. SWSH Base had 4, Rebel Clash had 7, Darkness Ablaze 5, Vivid Voltage 6…you get the idea.

The simpler backgrounds really highlight the Pokémon featured. The texture (which I didn’t include) looks amazing. The tera crowns are somewhat divisive, but I don’t think it distracts majorly from the appeal of the card, and may even improve the art (Dedenne for instance).

I didnt feel the need to mention rainbows in this since they are no longer a thing. I can’t say im super impressed by the Charizard, but I would say its better than regular Vmax cards any day. The regular tera cards do feel a bit lackluster, but I still prefer those over the Vmax if im being honest.

6 Likes

Fair point. I suppose my comparison (at least for now) is a bit unfair, because we haven’t gotten an alt art Tera card yet.

However, I just don’t see how they can make a full art Tera look cool, because the Tera crowns look…too damn goofy.

3 Likes

Anyone else see the similarity?

2 Likes

When the edible kicks in

1 Like

No alternative art can save that thing. It feels like an overnight millionaire Charizard with a Lil Uzi Vert-esque diamond implanted on his head.

3 Likes

Art Rare Charmander ETB promos

new artist MINAMINAMI Take

They participated in the 2022 illustration contest

https://twitter.com/pokemontcgdrops/status/1661715673872228352?s=46&t=93Bi2PxFezQ0Zhtkf5hgSQ

18 Likes

Lmao personally ugly Charizard.

1 Like

Looks great! I really loved that Arcanine in the Illustration Contest, glad to see they were picked up to still do cards.

2 Likes

Wait until the Tyranitar with a giant light bulb in his head leaks.

1 Like

200W fast charging gojira

throwback to Dragon Frontiers’s Tyranitar ex

5 Likes

I love that Charmander art. They’ve really done something great with these alternate art rares in the recent sets

2 Likes

Damn I thought this was a HYOGONOSUKE art for sec. Excited there’s another Illustration artist hitting the big leagues now!

2 Likes

Untitled

Love the PC ETB. I wonder if this Charmander AR is going to be in 151?

2 Likes

I think Obsidian Flames / Ruler of the Black Flames releases and SV3.5 / Pokémon 151 releases are separate, which has me looking forward to another one in 151

1 Like

Pretty excited for this set

Just saying, if a 2022 top 100 Illustration Contest artist is given a chance to draw for the tcg, then perhaps we’ll get to see more of whom we wanted to win get a card as well :pray:

4 Likes

mingo :pray:

2 Likes

A little more info to deduce until Friday’s probably reveals

As the Obsidian Flames ETB states, there will be:

• 15 Pokémon ex and 6 tera Pokémon ex (21 total)
  • 12 Illustration Rare (not including Illustration Rare Charmander ETB promo)
  • 6 Special Illustration Rare Pokémon & Supporters
  • 12 SR full art Pokémon ex & Supporters
  • 3 Hyper Rare (UR gold) cards

Tera Pokémon ex revealed thus far:

• tera Charizard ex (Dark)
  • tera Tyranitar ex (Lightning)
  • tera Eiscue ex (Fire)
  • tera Vespiquen ex - described in ETB not revealed
  • tera Dragonite ex (Dragon) - from Starter ex secret deck
  • tera Greedent ex (Normal)- from Starter ex secret deck

Regular Pokémon ex revealed thus far:

• Toedscruel ex - from the Clay Burst/Snow Hazard ex Special Set
  • Pawmot ex - from the Clay Burst/Snow Hazard ex Special Set
  • Houndstone ex - from the Clay Burst/Snow Hazard ex Special Set
  • Decidueye ex - from Starter ex deck
  • Victini ex - from Starter ex deck
  • Greninja ex - from Starter ex deck
  • Miraidon ex - from Starter ex deck (not a reprint)
  • Koraidon ex - from Starter ex deck (not a reprint)
  • Clefable ex - from Starter ex deck
  • Houndoom ex - from Starter ex deck
  • Melmetal ex - from Starter ex deck
  • Revavroom ex - likely to be from SV3 Ruler of the Black Flame
  • 3 unknown Pokémon ex - likely to be from SV3 Ruler of the Black Flame

Illustration Rares leaked:

• Cleffa
  • Pidgeotto
  • Lechonk

Charizard, Tyranitar, Eiscue and Vespiquen will come from the JP core expansion SV3 Ruler of the Black Flame, meaning the JP set will feature 4 tera Pokémon ex

Also suspecting that Illustration Rare Charmander was the JP promo for SV3 that TPC announced would be cancelled. This release would’ve been consistent with TPCi converting JP promos in English promos:

• AR Koraidon & Miraidon winner promos → Scarlet & Violet ETB promos
  • Scarlet & Violet preorder promo Pikachu → Paldea Evolved ETB promo

There are only 12 SR full art Pokémon ex (& Supporters) from the 21 Pokémon ex. Since core & subset expansions are known to have SR cards, this is could only mean that Pokémon that are not from SV3 did not originally have an SR in Japanese. So for SV3, there should be:

• 4 SR tera Pokémon ex (Charizard, Tyranitar, Eiscue, Vespiquen)
  • 4 SR regular Pokémon ex (Revavroom and 3 unknown Pokémon)
  • 4 SR Supporters (incl Poppy)
  • 12 AR Pokémon (not including Charmander)
  • 6 SAR Pokémon & Supporters
  • 3 UR cards (incl UR Charizard ex)
6 Likes