New Charizard Set - Ruler of the Black Flame

Japan’s rumoured July 2023 set is named Ruler of the Black Flame and should contain a Dark Type Terestal Charizard ex card!

There’s now a good chance as with SM (Burning Shadows) and with SWSH (Darkness Ablaze), that our third Scarlet & Violet set this Autumn will be a set that features Charizard!

2 Likes

Legend has it that if a virgin collects the Black Flame Charizard is will bring the Sanderson Sisters back to life.

19 Likes

between this set and the 151 set, there will be at least 4 charizards. great :roll_eyes:

Don’t forget the potential shiny set for Japan this year. It’s been far too long since we had a shiny Charizard card!

I feel like Charizard is a very overlooked, underrated Pokemon. I’m glad it’s finally getting some attention for once.

21 Likes

Alternatively it could be a Chi-Yu set, but knowing TPC, that’s unlikely

1 Like

That’s what I originally thought it would be. But it has been a while since a huge Zard card. Gotta make more!

Hoping Chi-Yu makes an appearance at least! I love that little dude.

1 Like

Charizard wearing a swarovski hat. Lets go!!

2 Likes

Just before worlds.

its been a few months

1 Like

i’m still holding out hope that snow hazard and clay burst have all 4 (snow= chien pao, hazard= wo-chen, clay= ting-lu, burst= chi-yu)

2 Likes

oo that’d be exciting and would make much more sense having them all! Imagine the SARs :heart_eyes:

1 Like

“New charizard set”

Isnt every set a charizard set?

1 Like

So Delta Species? But only on Terastalized Pokemon? Kinda excited since I love Delta Species. But it is a shame, it’ll only be Terastalized, and not normal looking ones.

fingers crossed. the ruin mons are some of my favorite designs of all pokemon

1 Like

:fire:

Release date - July 28

illus. KYUPIYAMA (new artist)

https://twitter.com/chotokkyu?s=21&t=93Bi2PxFezQ0Zhtkf5hgSQ

4 Likes

as someone annoyed with charizard spam, i have to concede that this one might be the best looking tera ex so far

1 Like

Do you have all of the artists’ twitter links?