New Charizard card..........

Thoughts?

7 Likes

Hell no

3 Likes

While I’m definitely looking forward to the movie, the real-life look doesn’t really work for me in this Lizardon GX card.

I wanted to post this earlier but thought it wasn’t relevant, since everybody probably seen it.
They’re really printing tons of Zards in upcoming updates!

I am afraid that it causes me rejection… I know it is not fair… I cannot identify myself with them, to me they are too different from the originals I grew up.

Same happens with the new anime, I do not like the new Ash…

1 Like

The greninja works.
R.I.P Charizard

Also I think it’s a strange coincidence that japan has gone hard on hand drawn quality art with tag team gxs, while seemingly english driven realistic 3d cards are coming out.

I like the new Ash in the Zeraora movie. The S&M Ash I got used to by now. But I agree on the art, it’s hard to love when you love Sugimori’s original work, but it probably are just these promo’s. And honestly, maybe people gonna hate me for this, it looks better than most of the junk 5ban is pumping out.
(Cannot read the Pikachu card without hearing Ryan Reynolds)

Not Base, so not interested.

1 Like

Not the biggest fan of the real-life look either, but still going to pick them up.

I also like the Ash in the new movie! Such a good job. But the S&M… the first time I saw it I was like, what? This is not Ash…

In my opinion the movie can do good and I hope that people enjoy it, but it just not for me. :sweat:

I had a viscerally negative reaction at first since it looks like one of those fake costum cards but now that I’m over it I think it’s okay. I also think kids will be into it and that’s the target demographic after all.

I’m curious if the release is exclusively English. Probably not but it is interesting to see “American promos” even if they are eventually adopted into Japanese.

Whoa… that’s different. I’ll definitely get one though. Maybe it will grow on us with time?

Pikachu looks very cute, Greninja is fine as well. But the Charizard… is creepy

Product images:
www.totalcards.net/blog/pokemon/detective-pikachu-product-images-revealed/?fbclid=IwAR0GkubtbQfBlBfwGTo9XtoOZFjFo7NYoQE4nrR9DVQ3LXyhHONAk6w2DrA

Oh dear…

That’s something else. I don’t really like how it looks in the traditional sense, but I like how unique it is

1 Like

Yikes…

1 Like

It looks like a saber tooth tiger. Can’t unsee.

I am not crazy about it but for the new generation I am sure it’s cool. As long as its not like this moving forward I have no problem paying homage to the upcoming movie. More attention on Pokemon is always a good thing.

I think they’re actually really cool! Looking forward to grabbing the whole set. I’d love one of one of the Bulbasaurs- they’re super cute!

1 Like