Pokémon World Championships 2022

Hi I am going. Staying Monday aug 14 - mon following. At the premiere inn. Should we wear our old name badges or can we get a new batch?? :wink:

4 Likes

I need to make myself a name badge! What did your old one look like?

2 Likes

hmmm…will need to dig it up. but a very talented e4 member made them for all e4 members that were coming to worlds.

2 Likes

I got you fam!

14 Likes

Yeah scott alpha - can you recall who made them? it was more a card to go in the lanyard /worlds pass.

2 Likes

And if anyone is staying at premier inn docklands, and has a premier room please contact me.

2 Likes

I think @silversnorlax204 made them! But it was years ago now so maybe I’m misremembering.

1 Like
2 Likes

Yup, I made these with the financial backing of Gary.

I also did the meet up room for 2019, with financial backing from Charlie/the community.

I’m thinking there will be an in person meet up this time around as well, we may not physically have a room though unless I’m missing a post somewhere.

2 Likes

Since this is the first worlds in a long time, and first overseas, there is going to be a lot of improvisation. Especially since some of the people who helped coordinate last time are not attending, myself included.

With that said, whenever it’s time for the tournament, feel free to use the thread to meet up! Even just asking where people are is good! :blush:

1 Like

We can all hang out in whoever has the largest hotel room…lol. Smpratte!! why are you not going!!!

1 Like

Anyone who wants to join me and berndos on a fun day at chessington world on turs aug 16 contact me! its a zoo, theme park and aquarium-- and a worlds leader for combining animal exhibits with rides in a safe way. Im also wanting to do a proper london afternoon tea- 1 of the worlds days- fancy smancy sandwiches, scones, a tea from a list of 30+ , and exquisite desserts! but waiting on pokemon center reservations to happen first.

3 Likes

Unfortunately my passport expired and I won’t be able to get it renewed in time.

3 Likes

If you want a truly posh afternoon tea look into either Claridge’s or The Ritz

2 Likes

smpratte ! you had 3 years to get a valid passport! as for the tea, the ritz is 90 pounds. but the meridian lounge is very close to excel and only 65 pounds…and the food looks great there, good reviews.

2 Likes

What are the chances that worlds 2023 will be in Spain/Portugal :eyes:

5 Likes

My personal theory is that they were planning on worlds 2020 in London. Then back to America for a couple years then Spain when the new game came out. I think covid messed up that though

3 Likes

Still no word on the promo I take it? Do they always reveal it this close to the event?

1 Like

I don’t believe they actually reveal it, it get’s shown the first time when people receive it and spread the word, unless it somehow gets spoiled. But could be wrong :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I wish you’re right! I didnt manage to get a ticket for this year and I wish I can go to one of this events at some point >_<

1 Like