Pokémon World Championships 2022

Dedicated thread to any Worlds 2022 discussions!

(The other thread was specifically for the spectator badge launch. I think we need an official general thread for any discussions regarding the event!)

Official Event page: pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/worlds/2022/about/

Whos coming? What are your expectations?
We should also plan some sort of E4 meetup!

4 Likes

Will be there! Just waiting for news on the Pokémon center tickets.

4 Likes

I went ahead and pinned this topic for any worlds discussion!

For those attending for the first time, keep an eye on this thread, and discord as well. People can post here to meet up! Any member can use this thread to let people know where you are at.

Also whenever the cards are revealed someone please post here! I am excited to see the new Worlds promo, its been too long since the last release. :melting_face:

8 Likes

Is there any additional way to get spectator passes or news of more being released. I missed the first batch because of the ridiculous open times.

2 Likes

They sold more passes in person in 2019. I didn’t have a pass until I bought one at the event. Hopefully they do the same this year. If not there will be people selling or maybe members here who will let you use theirs when they are not in the tournament area.

2 Likes

they had 3 waves of the spectator badges out. normally when they sell it its officially done but maybe they may have a last wave near the time of worlds.

1 Like

I’m hoping this is true, and I’ll give it a try if all else fails because I’m local. Seems this should be true as I’d guess the majority of spectators would be UK based. Yet they made the wave release times unfeasible for us apart from the first which obviously went in seconds.

1 Like

Same. I did manage to get my tickets at the second of the three times (which was 02:00 at night for me… :unamused: ). Still waiting for news on the Pokémon Center tickets.

Oh, and in other news: my original flight to London had been cancelled; I rebooked it. That one had been cancelled earlier this week; and I rebooked it again… I wonder how many more flights are being cancelled and rebooked before it’s actually August.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

There’s always the ferry if it gets bad :joy:

2 Likes

eeek :confused: There has been lots of cancellations lately. Hope everyone can make it there in a decent manner!

1 Like

Did they really think they could stop you with a few simple cancelations??!? They don’t even know who they’re dealing with

How’s the train ride to London?

3 Likes

Oh yeah, I’m getting to London either way, even if I have to swim. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s just a mess at Schiphol airport lately due to being understaffed. Both with flights and lost luggage (which is also why I will be going with just hand baggage for those four days I’m in London…)

Anyway, I’ll be there the last three days (and evening of the first day), in case anyone wants to meet up.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

I’ll be attending, not sure which days yet!

1 Like

I watched ticket prices for months and months and bit the bullet at a high price because they hadn’t budged even slightly.

Now 3 weeks before the event, flight prices are 45% of what I paid. Ouch.

3 Likes

I’m going to completely lose my cool when I see the new Worlds promo… I am very interested to see what the prices will be right out the gate.

6 Likes

1 Like

I’ll be there! Staying in the premier Inn docklands excel hotel. I’m also super excited about the world’s promo! Will it have a London theme? I’m hoping so!

2 Likes

I’m so nervous for the pokemon center passes - no updates yet on when they will be for sale…

1 Like

From serebii.net :

The Pokémon Company International have put out more details for the Pokémon Center pop-up that will be at the Pokémon World Championships 2022 next month. The Pokémon Center will have advance timeslot reservations, as announced before, but will also have a virtual queue system for people who walk up to it without a timeslot. The Pokémon Center will be open from August 17th through 21st
There will also be photo opportunities and themed areas throughout the Pokémon Center.
We’ll bring more details as they come
Edit @ 12:16: We have some further details on the Pokémon Center. It will have its own PokéStop with Field Research. Its opening times are:
Wednesday 17th August: 12 pm to 7 pm
Thursday 18th – Saturday 20th August: 8 am to 8 pm
Sunday 21st August: 8 am to 4 pm

6 Likes