2019 Worlds - Aug 16-18 Walter E Washington Conv. Ctr. DC!

www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2019/02/190222_e01.html?a007=news

So the official announcement is out and the date and venue is set. Who is planning to go?

I can’t wait. Just need to find a way to convince the wife to make it a week long family trip. Hotels look to be plentiful and in all price ranges for now but I wonder how that will change as it gets nearer. I may try and book something sooner rather than later.

6 Likes

I really want to make it this year. The dates are disappointing for me. My oldest and youngest birthdays are on Aug 17th.
What to do?

1 Like

Convince them to come with you to DC :wink:

5 Likes

Guilt them into letting you go!

1 Like

Right down the road, how are Saturdays?

1 Like

Ooooh, I was there in 2014 when I lived in DC, my only time at Worlds… may have to make the trip!

1 Like

Booked!
Thursday to TuesdayMorrison-Clark Historic Inn
This hotel offers free cancellation until 1 day before arrival and I don’t have to actually pay for the room until I get there! Good place to book soon and you are free to change your mind after

3 Likes

If the cost was the reason you didn’t want to go, this is the most affordable Worlds by far! If you book a hotel now, it is the lowest cost I have ever experienced.

4 Likes

As a collecter and fan what are some of the things to do at Worlds. Are there booths to buy graded cards, autographs, etc? Is there a lot of trading going on?

There’s a special pop-up Pokemon Center store that sells exclusive World’s merchandise. There’s no other booths and selling is strongly discouraged on site (doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen). There are tables set up for trading but I found little of interest there last year. In general, there was not much in terms of graded cards since the vast majority of people there are players.
But there’s a ton to see. Displays, little setups. Last year they had a demo of Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee (before it was released). There’s been a lot of rare things showing up in Pokemon Go if you still play. They will likely have some official signings (Arita was there last year) for the competitors (who will sell their signing spots). All that is fun but by far the best part is to meet all the other people from here who have such a strong passion for pokemon card collecting. Whether it’s just chilling around a table or grabbing some food (or drinks :wink: :wink: ) it was just a blast the last time I went.

3 Likes

Well, it’s looking like I may actually be home this year!!! The past 3 Years I’ve been working away from home all summer - not this year though! I’d love to go check it out and actually meet everyone from E4!

4 Likes

I’ll be there for sure. just need to decide where I’m staying

I’d love go to and meet some of the greats from this site and hobby, and pick some brains as well

1 Like

what about the not so greats?

4 Likes

thqts my 30th birthday the 18th. hmmm maybe i should finakly see america.

2 Likes

They’re ok too I guess :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

How close is that to the venue?

4 minute walk according to google maps

1 Like

Can someone tag me please when badges go up?

1 Like

100% going! My family will be working and I will be spectating and trading! Worlds has always been the best trading event of the season by far for me over the past decade+ of attending, so I’d recommend bringing your good trade binders!

There will most likely be security watching for buying/selling, so either decline or leave the venue for those types of deals.

4 Likes