2019 Worlds - Aug 16-18 Walter E Washington Conv. Ctr. DC!

Will there be some kind of formal efour meetup? Never been before so I’d be wandering around like Kevin McAllister lost in New York city :rofl:

Last year more than 90% of the time I was there, I was with e4 members.

4 Likes

Booked! Thanks for the heads up! :blush:

Booked the same hotel!

If you book through Expedia it’s around $100 cheaper than the actual hotels site, and you still can cancel up until the day before.
Down side is you have to pay the cost up front, but it wasn’t a crazy amount if you do it now!

1 Like

Booked at Morrison-Clark Historic Inn 15-19.

Just FYI for those of you driving: parking is 48 bucks a day tax included.

This is now the unofficial e4 hotel in case anyone was still looking got a place to book

Rooms are filling up fast though :open_mouth:

www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/worlds/2019/registration/

Spectator badges are now up at the usual price of $10. @pokemontrader

4 Likes

Got my badges and my hotel, I’m excited! Staying at the Courtyard Washington, I didn’t see the “unofficial e4 hotel” until after I booked :weary:

1 Like

Bought my spectator pass. I think I’m coming down solo again this time but thankfully for longer than 24 hrs. I’ll be at the Morrison Clark. Flying in early Friday out late Sunday.

1 Like

If anyone is on the fence, make sure to buy your spectator badges ASAP. Better to lose $10 than not get one. They have sold out every year for several years now and the DC Open tournament is already at 50% capacity.

5 Likes

I’d really like to come. Seems like a great group of people is going. Going to try my best to make it!

How do I dial that up?

I live very close and would love to see what worlds is like, but it seems like a strange event to attend solo.

Anyone have experiences going to worlds by yourself?

@basedboy, Don’t worry whatsoever! Its an event where you can keep to yourself and wander around. Or if you want to meet up with other E4 members you can as well. There are plenty of people who travel by themselves. As well as regional vistors who just pop in because its close to where they live.

We will post where we meet up. The event is super chill.

1 Like

You just sold me! Buying my pass right now. Super excited to finally meet other collectors :blush:

1 Like

I think the name of my hotel is Washington Plaza. Supposed to be close to the convention center. Got a couple passes for me and my wife. My daughter is under 6 so no pass needed. They will be gone sight seeing most the time anyway.

I’m just a couple months late in booking my hotel - wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to make it this year… I finally have confirmation that I’ll be able to attend Worlds Event (first time going)! I just bought my spectator pass and am now looking into getting hotel.

Are most E4 People staying at Morrison-Clark Historic Inn? Definitely wanna book hotel where everyone else is staying so I can actually meet everyone! And, I’m thinking about driving down Thursday and leaving Monday - that what most people doing too?

Yes, most of us are staying there and last I checked they still had open rooms.

Yes a lot of folks will be in town Thurs-Monday.

2 Likes

I got my badge just waiting on confirmation on my job if I’m able to get the week off so I can take my NYC butt to DC again. Would be great to see everyone on the boards. The great thing about worlds is just seeing everything at worlds and all the international players. Plus the trades are always good to see.

1 Like

I just realized that means you’ll be at the event. Last I heard you were not confirmed to be in attendance. It’s always nice to meet another E4 guy.

1 Like