Pokemon On Pawn Stars! BIG SPOILER ALERT NOW!!!

Finally, Pokemon is getting the recognition it deserves. From newspapers to magazines to television, it’s everywhere.

As many of you know, Rick Harrison from the History channels hit series Pawn Stars is a neighbor of mine. Well I got the opportunity to interact with him at his business, the Gold and Silver Pawn Shop in downtown Las Vegas.
Both he and co star Chumlee had me and some of my Pokemon in the shop as part of their show.

My part was filmed late last year and the episode is airing next Monday July 10th on the History Channel.

I’m not sure if our international brothers and sisters are familiar with the show but it’s very popular here in the states.

I’m contractually obligated not to discuss more on my episode until it airs but I can say my wife and son can be seen roaming around in the background.

I hope this is one of the things that continue to help the hobby. The show gets millions of viewers so it surely can’t hurt.

Let me know what you all think when it airs:)

PS…Thanks to Scott, who was aware of this all along but was asked not to mention it in case they didn’t use my segment.

16 Likes

My parents visited the shop when they went to Vegas a few years ago; they love that show. I don’t watch TV too much but I like the History channel almost as much as… well, Fox News lol. I’ll be sure to check it out.

2 Likes

OMG - I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS EPISODE!!!

I am obsessed with Pawn Stars - actually flew-out to Las Vegas during my vacation last year with one of my top-priorities being to visit the Gold and Silver Pawn Shop. Was not disappointed in the least-bit!

1 Like

That’s great:) They’ll find it interesting that a BIG Pokemon segment pops up. Kinda puts it in the mainstream.
Oh, FNN rocks lol.

1 Like

Very awesome, hopefully creates more exposure and drives an interest to collectors outside the direct pokemon hobby as well.

Cool, someone grab the clip and YouTube it please? Won’t get to watch it otherwise.

3 Likes

That show is fucking trash and one of the most faked ‘reality’ TV shows of all time. I don’t necessarily dislike it so much because of that, it’s more that it’s presented as being real interactions and that people believe it.

Having said that I am always glad for my friends to get fun opportunities like this so kudos to you, Gary.

9 Likes

I was there a few years ago! I can’t wait to see if you guys make a deal. Hopefully you can be “the expert/friend” on future shows.

What if Scott is the expert he calls?

2 Likes

Used to watch reruns here and there but I always enjoyed the show. It will be interesting to see what they do with it. Probably will be the first time I have watched an episode live ever. Just need to find a stream for the history channel since I cut the cord a couple years ago.

Definitely extremely faked/staged but I still am able to often find enjoyment just taking it for what it is.

4 Likes

Ha, if it’s the one I’m thinking of, with those crappy scripted bits of dialogue with that old man and his sons, it is terrible TV. Massively staged and dumbed down. Having said that, Gary says the guy is his friend, and he’s promoting Pokemon cards which can’t be anything but helpful to the community. I bet a fair amount of people watching that show will load up eBay as they’re watching!

Congratulations Gary, this sounds awesome. I can’t wait to watch it. Hopefully someone puts the episode up on youtube so us international folk can watch the goodness.

2 Likes

A lot of it is staged for entertainment purposes but the brass tacks transactions and customer items are real. You can either get no offer, accept an offer, or decline an offer. That part is real.

5 Likes

Damn. I suppose the price to buy a @garyis2000 autograph has doubled. :sob:

1 Like

You forgot to mention how horrible the writing and acting is.

This is like it’s 8th year on the air. I’m sure if you check YouTube you’ll find tons of episodes eventually including this one.

1 Like

The ultimate pokemon scammer vs. the ultimate pawnstar scammers. I am tuning in for that fabulous moment in tv history.

Congrats :blush:

2 Likes

Lol…
The reason it looks like bad actors and writing is because we aren’t and there is no script lol. All impromptu. I sure hope I don’t look too bad or like a bad actor like my boy house thinks;)

3 Likes

Love the show, its obviously scripted but the items shown and history associated with them are a notch above the rest of the scripted pawn shows going around *cough* hardcore pawn *cough*

1 Like

We are going to have to make an imdb page for you Gary. Getting too famous for us.

For real though, I have a distaste for the show but I’d never have a go at somebody for enjoying it. As someone else said the stuff they exhibit on the show is pretty awesome sometimes and I have even enjoyed 10 minutes here and there.

3 Likes