Quick Question - 1st Edition Base Set Charizard

I’m about to close a deal with a seller. Do you think US$1850 for a PSA 7 1st Edition Base Set Charizard is a good deal?

Thank you appreciate your help!

1 Like

Yes

3 Likes

I think that is a very reasonable price, you are right in the middle of some past sales. I purchased mine for around $1750, I would of paid up to what your at now.

1 Like

If you are comfortable spending the money and you really want the card then you can’t go wrong.

4 Likes

^

Unless the price is a huge discrepancy, i.e. you paid 1000$ for a 100$ card, the market will always change so just go with what you’re happy with.

If it drops, it won’t drop too much, due to supply and demand, plus you already got the card and you’ll be happy you at least have it in your collection. If it increases, you’re going to feel bad for not obtaining it when it’s lower.

1 Like

If you’re happy with the stamp, centering, how the front looks, the holo, the whitening, and overall card looks then yea that’s a solid price.

Personally If I were spending that much on a psa 7 I’d prefer a clean front with little to no holo scratching.

2 Likes

The price did dip a lil so I think its a good time to get it :blush: - hard to speculate the price of the 1st edition zard but more often it will go up than come down!

1 Like

considering they were approaching close to 2.5k before the holidays you can’t go wrong with that price. the only reason why the price is down cause the market is very saturated so now is the time to buy.

2 Likes

I wanted that one… but I couldn’t bring myself to pay 2k for it :sob:

Ya that’s exactly why I was so uncertain about it.

You can always get more money. Buy the card;)

2 Likes

lol ya that thought also went through my head.

OMG you’re the charizard guy??? Bro just slip me one of the ones you have :laughing:.

Lol… That’s even cheaper;)

1 Like

Right now is the lowest they will ever be. Just a month-2 months ago they were approaching 2500 and now they slowly are rising again. if you don’t get one soon its just going to be back up there at that price. I wouldn’t count on finding someone willing to sell for one for under 2k now. Especially since they know the longer they hold the card the more they will get for it.

Are you the guy who went on pawn stars awhile back with a ton of first edition charizards?

but one literally sold two weeks ago for 1550

But that’s that’s the pokemon market lol sometimes there are really good deals but those deals get harder to find as people see each auction selling for more. Now one sold for 2k on auction typically everyone who has one sees that then would want more, i mean hell psa 9s in June were selling for 2k haha and we all know that’s never gonna happen again. Point is if you really like the card and are interested in keeping it for yourself for a long time if its in your means and can afford it go for it cause more then likely they don’t get cheaper especially charizard

1 Like

Yes sir. Hope I didn’t look too goofy.

2 Likes

haha no! I’m gonna tell my family that I talked to the guy that was on pawn stars with all the Charizards! (That’s how I introduced them to the whole idea of the collecting Pokemon cards, my dad was VERY skeptical when I first told him about it)

Question: did you go in there expecting to actually sell them or did you just go to bring attention to the collecting?

1 Like

Just to draw attention to the hobby. I hoped parents and grandparents would finally find it a worthy collectible.
As it turned out, I’m glad he didn’t meet my price cause 6 months later prices near doubled lol.