Quick Question - 1st Edition Base Set Charizard

Have to agree on that but I believe the price difference in two cards of the same grade happens all the time. they always go by a couple hundred dollars for 7 and 8 1st edition zard as far as I recall.

Only pay for what you think you can afford! If you really want one at a fraction of the price - a shadowless is great as well! Really just missing a stamp but everything else is the same :blush:

Hi Everyone,

Just wanna give a shout out to all those gave their opinions in this thread. I went through with the sale so I’m really looking forward to getting the card! It’s my first 1st ed Zard ever, I hope not the last.

Your thoughtful opinions mattered a lot and motivated me to buy it. I was also watching the eBay one last night, so I’m glad I struck a better deal.

Awesome to see the Pawn Stars Charizard guy show up here as well!

Can’t wait to receive my card! Cheers everyone!

3 Likes

@garyis2000 you’re the Pawn Stars Charizard Guy now :grin:

How much are you selling for?

you should PM him, instead of posting it here.

Well said man!

Basically a literal translation of my personal collection motto: “I only have to buy it once, and then I can enjoy it for the rest of my life.” (Note: This motto is bad for your wallet. :slightly_smiling_face: )

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

I guess so lol. After 20 years in the sales AND collectible side of this hobby (and being one of the first to bring Japanese Pokemon to the western world) I finally have an identity. Even though only two of us kept the hobby alive during all those down years and pushed for extreme PSA participation, I finally got my due because of a tv show.

I’ll take it;)

1 Like

Honestly randomly catching your episode on youtube got me back into the hobby in November. I had a great 1st edition and Shadowless base collection in 2012 but sold it off.

Seeing current prices and how much fun it is, I should have never left. I’m here to stay.

All that being said, you making an appearance on Pawn Stars really helped Pokemon collecting. We need more publicity.

1 Like