2022 Worlds Update (Pokemon Center Reservations Required)

www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/start-planning-for-the-2022-pokemon-world-championships/

This year, for the first time, Pokémon fans who are planning to shop at the pop-up Pokémon Center at Worlds must schedule a reservation. Tickets to shop will be available starting July 18. Shopping appointments will likely be claimed quickly, so don’t miss your opportunity to shop for exclusive merchandise. Stay tuned for additional information about where to make your reservation.

(not sure if this is saying tickets for the pokemon center or just tickets for worlds. the more i look at it, the more it seems to just be tickets for the pokemon center reservation.)

4 Likes

What could be expected here other than spectating, has anyone heard much? Not heard much info other than what the article says which is “as well as plenty of fun activities for spectators.”

Did they put quotas on how much stuff you can buy at the Pokémon center at the last world’s?

I know for the pop up London store they did. Id imagine they’ll introduce quotas per customer for the exclusive stuff here too.

Usually there are side tournaments you can participate in. I’m guessing this year will be a GLC event or expanded.

Does anyone know how to get one? (And hi everyone… for those who’ve been here since the start, it’s been such a long time!)

Not yet sure if I’ll be able to come but would love to be able to take my kids to the store given we live a 15 minute drive from Excel!

5 Likes

Dogma!!! Long time no see!

They will be announcing more info closer to the release date of these tickets…
July 18th…

I would surmise like typical pokemon fashion maybe 2 or 3 days ahead of time.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll let people know if I manage to get tickets and make the time to come :blush:

1 Like

usually they dont have limits on stuff only the exclusive merch like the deck boxes, sleeves, dice counters and so forth but they get more lenient as the day goes by

2 Likes

After the tickets are sold, who do I need to talk to in getting an E4 badge for world’s meet-up?

3 Likes

Please can someone alert us when tickets are being released? I’ll try to be on the lookout but have no idea where they’ll even announce tickets are on sale…

2 Likes

it’ll likely be announced on twitter, probably the play pokemon account (https://twitter.com/playpokemon) as well as the pokemon tcg account (https://twitter.com/PokemonTCG).

I’m sure one of us will post here as soon as something is announced regarding spectator badges

1 Like

@pfm can you msg me too if I somehow miss this?

1 Like

May be a newbie kinda question but this competition will have its own “1st place”, 2nd place”, etc. championship Pokémon cards no?

I’m assuming there will be exclusive/limited Pokémon cards that will pop up in the market eventually coming from this competition correct?

Also I’m assuming no one knows what these cards look like or any rumor about these cards?

there is a decent chance this year will feature a new design of the trophies since it is the first year that worlds is actually happening in the swsh era.