Pokémon TCG Illustration Contest 2024 is Here!

Add some drugs and religious symbols and send this off to TPCI, you’ll win the contest hands down!

3 Likes

Is… is that a bottle of piss?

8 Likes

I was going to add an armband to Nurse Joy, but couldn’t bring myself to it. haha

No. it was just in the original image,
Molotov cocktail?
SURE Why not?! :grimacing: it’s fitting.

2 Likes

Hmm. E4 Artists assemble!

@Dyl @ayoveer @veks @livindavido @Rattlesnake @cyberurchin @fazool @martin @khairis @mrbubbles @eMcP @SeasidePokemon @MaxyMaxy @swolepoke @gareth @JoshB @Gus @gott006 @Schileru @coil @lyleberr @bbobrob @lookaclara @kromaticlanturn @northerninfernape @amwolf @niece @fate @Versy @boogus @JLand @zyxxke @thatpikachuguy @holahart @liron @Prof.Pinata @decoypalmette @pfm @oxidelake @defluo @TorterraSimp @glenngould98 @totodile_in_pursuit

25 Likes

If I can’t submit a poorly watercolored Rowlet, what’s the point? :melting_face:

10 Likes

You rang

2 Likes

Summary:

Also, @azulryu thank you for the tag!

13 Likes

Lots of Yuka Morii and Asako Ito love in the announcement video! Speaking of;

https://twitter.com/yukayuka/status/1703410977939886516

Eight of my cards (probably) appear in the movie, please find them😉

I no longer have a Twitter account, but I’ve spotted 11 Yuka Morii cards! How many can you find?

Illustration Contest Video Yuka Morii Cards

Bruno’s Hitmonchan (Pokémon Card VS)
Quagsire (Neo Revelation)
Pikachu (POP Series 2)
Bidoof (Diamond & Pearl Stormfront)
Sunflora (HeartGold & SoulSilver)
Trubbish (Sun & Moon Guardians Rising)
Weedle (Champion’s Path)
Drilbur (Sword & Shield Vivid Voltage)
Litwick (Sword & Shield Lost Origin)
Pincurchin (Scarlet & Violet Paldea Evolved)
Magneton (Scarlet & Violet 151)

Further info in English

Application Requirements

Art Submission Guidelines

Submissions for the ex card illustration will be based around the regular ex card format

1 Like

I lost it at this one LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

1 Like

This should become a banner for the forum

1 Like

The Pokémon TCG Illustration Contest 2024 Is Now Open to Entries

Artists have a little over three months to submit their work capturing “Magical Pokémon Moments.”

The Pokémon TCG Illustration Contest 2024 is officially underway. Artists from Japan, the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand can submit artwork that embodies the theme “Magical Pokémon Moments.” The artwork entry period will continue through January 31, 2024, at 5:59 a.m. PST.

Artists can feature the following Pokémon in their card: Charizard, Pikachu, Eevee, Feraligatr, Flygon, Absol, Bidoof, Melmetal, Amped Form Toxtricity, or Koraidon. Cash prizes will be awarded to the top artists in a handful of categories, and each of the top winning cards will be made into a promo card. Promo card distribution will vary by country.

For additional information about the contest, visit the article On Illustration for the Pokémon TCG as Told by Directors featuring Satoru Nagaya, Senior Art Director at Creatures Inc.; Haru Saito, Illustration Director at Creatures Inc.; and Kevin Lalli, Director of Design at TPCi.

Learn more about the contest and submit your artwork here.

Good luck to all participants in the Pokémon TCG Illustration Contest 2024!

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/the-pokemon-tcg-illustration-contest-2024-is-now-open-to-entries

7 Likes

:pray:

Behind Drawing Pokémon TCG Illustrations “Bringing an Illustration to Life” (Part 1)

Column interview with one of the artist judges Atsushi Furusawa

4 Likes

You need a nickname. Something like PokeOcean as a play on PokeBeach because I wish you had a website for your updates XD

1 Like

Thank you for posting this. I really enjoy hearing about Pokémon artist process. It makes me fell more connected to the art,

Well my two entries are complete. We’re not allowed to share them but I chose Feraligatr and Absol. I tried really hard and they’re some of my best works so hoping one of them at least makes it to top 300. :crossed_fingers: There’s going to be a lot of competition this time since it’s more than 2 countries allowed to enter.

20 Likes

Please share them once the submission period is over and they’ve selected the top 300! Really excited to see yours versy!

I didn’t have time the last couple months like last year, so wasn’t able to do any this time around. I completely believe in your abilities, if you don’t make 300 we’ll know their judgment is iffy for a 2nd year in a row :artist:t2:

11 Likes

Im sure if you entered, you’ll be in the top 300 for sure!

I too entered with an Absol. best of luck!

8 Likes

@Versy @cyberurchin . Great minds think alike. I also did and Absol though not sure I will enter it.

3 Likes