NEW Pokemon Card Illustration Contest

English site here: www.ptcgic-cr.com/2022/en/

Highlights:

• Open to both Japan and the United States from October 13 2021 to January 31 2022

• 1 Grand Prize winner receives 5k and their illustration will be made into a promo card

• 2 First Prize winners (one from Japan, one from USA) receive 3k and their illustrations will be made into promo cards

• Judges include Ishihara, Kouki Saitou, Komiya, and AKIRA EGAWA

Looks super exciting!!

32 Likes

Good luck all - my submission will be in shortly.

3 Likes

Rip, only US and Japanese citizens.

14 Likes

On one hand it’s nice that they’re opening the contest up to more than just Japanese residents, but on the other it’s sad that after being around for 25 years this is just another Japan/US exclusive to add to the list.

For a company with worldwide reach they certainly know how to exclude a lot of their fans. It’s bittersweet.

That said, as always I’m looking forward to seeing what people come up with.

These are the Pokémon the contest centers around:

16 Likes

I’ve been hoping for this for so long. Can’t wait to enter!

1 Like

Hmmm… Has to be “in daily life”… makes it a bit more difficult to have Chansey in background art, but I’ll find a way.

19 Likes

Oh man! So excited. Definitely joining and submitting 3 pieces! Bulbasaur and Arcanine here we come. I will certainly be posting my stuff in this thread after the deadline ends!

This is amazing!!!

Sorry to my European friends, really is a drag to exclude Europe.

6 Likes

I wish the matrix were real only so I could download art skills into my brain right now.

5 Likes

never forgive … never forget

also good luck to all the contestants! i can’t draw, so i’ll stick to the sidelines :grin:

8 Likes

Me submitting anyway despite not being Japanese or American…

20 Likes

Yay! I have loved the two other contests! Pray for cramorant promo

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!

If anyone wants to do a Gyarados cameo peaking out of a waterfall that Greninja is meditating under you have my undying thanks! :joy:

9 Likes

I am definitely submitting a Cramorant artwork!

1 Like

I waited a lifetime for this moment, only to be excluded for my location. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Shame i cant enter this would have been my entry.

Rip Australia

10 Likes

Also don’t mind me. Just tagging some of the wonderful people who were involved (or interested in) in E4’s most recent art contest who haven’t posted yet (sorry I don’t know where all of yall live):

@admiral @liron @imakunizauntie @defluo @smokemon @miraclegro @muk @gareth @pancakestak @kujak @jaredschallenge @jworth2017 @odds @raichuforyou @reinasierpe @caughtatpoint @pokemans @andrewvt36 @nikhil @lyleberr @pokesoap @thatpikachuguy @fazool @burnedos @fiery @pokenastic @neos @quuador @fate @kurtosisblakeinfini @prochaos @pokekuma13 @dizzylochs @pottsinator @rybatony @muk @chrisundrum @sixtoacm @pichael25 @moredoom @dunsparce0p @vyzhr @bugcatcherjohn @dreamtech

24 Likes

Appreciate the tag! I saw it late last night and I am super excited to try to work up some fun Pikachu designs

2 Likes

Can I just…like … use a middleman?

6 Likes

Why not? In the Art Academy contest one of the North American winners was from Chile. Unless AA was a competition for the Americans in general, and it was incorrectly advertised/documented as just North America.

I do agree they should just open these kind of competitions for worldwide audience. I don’t mind a split like with the Art Academy contest, but at least give other artists a chance as well. With the Art Academy contest I also felt bad for all Pokémon artists from Asia (outside of Japan) and Africa…

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

So from the language on the official site, it sounds like there will be three new promos in total that release as a result from this contest.

1x Grand Prize Promo (either from a US or Japan submission)
2x Runner Up Promos (1x from US and 1x from Japan)

I am curious on how many promos they will distribute. I wonder if this be like the Illustration Charizard Promo (143/s-p), or more like the AA cards or snap cards where there are very few printed. (I’m hoping it’s the former so i can get them :blush: )

Regardless, i love the idea of illustration contests and will be excited to see what new artwork we get!

1 Like