"2nd Pokémon Card Game Illustration Contest"

Looks like another contest is being run from the 9th December 2019 to 31st March 2020:

www.creatures.co.jp/igp2

Information page: www.creatures.co.jp/igp2/application.
Assets: www.creatures.co.jp/igp2/theme.

Edit: I should clarify that applicants must reside in Japan. It mentions that on the information page I linked above.

The contest will focus around the following 8 Pokémon:

Here’s the thread for the previous contest: www.elitefourum.com/t/new-illustration-contest-in-japan-winner-update/23211/1.

12 Likes

Oh, I’m hoping for some nice Milotic or Wishiwashi cards. But as long as no Pikachus are among the winner, I’m looking forward seeing all the amazing artworks presented by the artists entering. :slightly_smiling_face:

Greetz,
Quuador

6 Likes

I wonder what kind of genesect will be drawn, one of my favorite newer pokemons.

Milotic would be awesome! Here’s hoping they come out with a Milotic card with Gyarados either in the background or a part of the card art and I can finally have an excuse to have an Art Academy/Illustration Card!

I do have to say, I am noticing a growing fondness for Wishiwashi.

1 Like

No Pikachu? Good luck lol.

4 Likes

Tyranitar represent.
The long term, Gen 2 Uber devouring, strolling powerhouse. If the winning output strategy is the same as last time that will be dissapointing… Imagine a decent amount of the Tars will do the big G movement scene appearing from wateroh it’s Tyrantiar.

1 Like

so do we know for sure that it will be limited copies of the winning cards, or may they just be promos that are mass printed?

Terrible selection… and after what they did with bath-tub Slowpoke I don’t really care for the art contests anymore.

5 Likes

Probably like how they released the Gardevoir this year. Pokemon Japan tends to follow what they do for a few years looking at trophy cards and limited promos for bigger events.

Examples :

1. tournaments awarding limited cards (Masked Royale, HR Zekrom, HR Mewtwo)

2. tournaments awarding the same rarity (SR/HR Zekrom, SR/HR Mewtwo)

3. artwork on the post 2010 Champions League trophy cards (BW, XY, SM)

4. artwork on the DPT trophies (amulet set)

5. artwork on the DPT trophies through to the current CL trophies (the current game’s legendary(es) at the background)

6. illustration contest (2009 and 2010)

I want to say the master battle box set and the rocket set but that was 3 years apart. Anything can happen and I might be wrong and Pokemon only released them like how they do Art Academy cards but in a better distribution method but all is speculation until there is an official announcement, which was vaguely stated in this year’s event (the Gardevoir winner).

Thank you for keeping bath tub Slowpoke’s memory alive.

4 Likes

I wish this was open to international contestants! Would love to enter even though I doubt I would stand a chance.

3 Likes

I got no skills, but just seeing my terrible drawing listed on the official website would be a lifetime achievement going on my résumé.

2 Likes