2022 Pokemon Illustration Contest

Pokemon is currently doing an Illustration Contest. This is the art that passed the first screening. Prepare yourself, its phenomenal:

www.ptcgic-cr.com/2022/result/primary-selection/

Here are just some highlights I grabbed, there are countless:

40 Likes

never forgive, never forget

9 Likes

Never forget, never forgive

13 Likes

Some of these artworks are phenomenal. I was waiting for the preliminaries to see if mine made it. Apparently they didn’t. I worked really hard on them so I’d like to share them with everybody. I’d also love to see everyone else’s that participated! Just hope Komiya got to see mine.

It was a ton of fun, and I’m grateful to have been a part of it! Scizor turned out being my favorite, even though while I was making it I had my doubts. Didn’t feel too good halfway through.

My favorites:

Spoiler

41 Likes

My try didn’t make the cut, and I can see why… Cheers to all who made it; truly excellent work to behold.

21 Likes

My absolute favs

9 Likes

This year has some great pieces featuring physical and digital 3d models:

The always delightful Louie Zong:

REND’s render:

ねんどよしりん’s Greninja in peaceful repose:

ホイップシュガー’s very sweet ( :blush: ) Pikachu:

A sleepy bulbasaur by えぐざ

Those include my favorite Scizor (Louie’s), Greninja, and Pikachu. For the rest:

April Borchelt channeling Naoyo Kimura:

Peggy Zisk’s exceptional composition:

Grace Kraft’sfantastical illustration:

The aptly named Canvas’s crackling oil Charizard (although I suspect this is a digital filter)

Last but absolutely not least, 白石 貴士 with the beautiful Bulbasaur a la Monet

15 Likes

Already posted but this one is my favorite so far.

That steelix cameo. I love this one too.

7 Likes

this scizor is so beautiful

9 Likes

I just found the wings on scizor to be well done, I don’t even know how one would even draw this, it is actually insane, on of my top favs.

5 Likes

Oh BABY, here we go! some picks:

The judges have a job on their hands…

5 Likes

@brendantheclayboy and @traderred, you both did magnificent work! Thanks for sharing them with all of us.

4 Likes

That’s going to be one tough job trying to pick winners from those, so many that look amazing

2 Likes

I love all the Cramorants. Every single one of them.

2 Likes

All the artwork I’m seeing is incredible, such a tough job to narrow them down!

1 Like

they need to print every single arcanine card there, they are all incredible

The art quality is really amazing in all of the chosen entries. :grin: I’d be happy to see any of them win, honestly.

(And I’m glad to see no Mew cameos cause god that would’ve driven me nuts.)

This is going to be incredibly hard to narrow down, but I’ll pick my favorite for each mon. This selection is based on style, legibility, composition and how well it fits the theme. Ask me again tomorrow and they will probably be different… There are so many that I would love to see on a card. Overall, the zards are the weakest in my opinion and I don’t think any of them will make it.

Arcanine:

Cramorant:

Galarian Rapidash:

Greninja:

Scizor:

Pikachu:

Bulbasaur:

Charizard:

7 Likes

Wow, I’m blown away with how much good art there is this year! It’s so hard to pick top favorites

2 Likes

Contest doesn’t matter when you have zard. Charizard will automatically win because they want it to.