New Illustration Contest in Japan! [WINNER update]

www.creatures.co.jp/igp/primary-selection/

This Illustration contest was open to residents of Japan only. Of 5000 entries, 50 were narrowed down. Sometime in May they will announce 6 winners. What’s your top 6??

Here’s mine:

Click here

UPDATE: Top 8 have been chosen, winner will be announced in June

WINNER:

SECOND PLACE:

15 Likes

damn a charizard illustrator cards coming.
very interesting…

I’ll pick your avatar.
The others are weak, amateurish.

1 Like

Wow most of them are quality!

The slowpoke section is killing it! That bathtub slowpoke needs to happen:

12 Likes

These look great. The Slowpokes are the definite winners in my mind; I’d love to own any of those as cards!

2 Likes

So many amazing arts it’s hard to choose! I’d happily take them all as cards

3 Likes

So 6 of these will 100% become cards? Loving most of them but I thought the ho-oh part wasn’t to the same standard as most of the others tbh.

2 Likes

Amazing artwork! I really want to see a Gyarados entry one of these years. These would be my winners:

5 Likes

Wish their was more than 6 winners. Lots of great artwork. My favorite is the last Darkrai picture.

2 Likes

My top 6 :blush:

1 Like

Ah man, every piece is awesome. Here’s my favs:

3 Likes

Is it safe to say that bath tube slowpoke is gonna win haha it’s definitely a stand out one

1 Like

Unfortunately the rules say only one grand winner to be a card. The other 5 are cash prizes and don’t say if will get a card of the art or not.

Unfortunately, indeed. They could easily make an entire mini-set out of them. The quality is simply that high!

3 Likes

That Mewtwo card radiates energy

2 Likes

Jeez, some of those are absolutely stunning… can’t we have all of them!?

2 Likes

where’s my wallet :blush:

holy shit when will this become a card? these are amazing i would love a slowpoke :grin:!!!

These looks so much better than most art academy contest artwork!

1 Like

Well yeah, not being confined to a Nintendo 3DS to draw on opens a lot of doors! :wink:

2 Likes