NEW Pokemon Card Illustration Contest

I wish they did both tbh, some version for the winner and a mass distributed promo print. Maybe with a printed stamp on one version, or an XXL version for the winner.

2 Likes

“- Open to both Japan and the United States from October 13 2021 to January 31 2022”

I was so ready to fire up paint but heck everyone else except Japan and US :angry:

But in all sesiousness this is awesome, can’t wait to see what people come up with.

Thanks for the tag. This is awesome! Can’t wait to see the entries.

1 Like

@azulryu Thank you for tagging me - had no idea this is taking place :blush::pray:t3:
I’m outside the US, but wonder what’s the difference haha, it’s all online anyway :wink:
Will try my luck (:

6 Likes

That’s cool that second place gets their illustration in a card. So from my understanding, you can draw any PokĂ©mon? I didn’t see anywhere where is specified that.

you must choose from these pokemon. Check previous posts in this thread too
www.ptcgic-cr.com/2022/en/application/

I wonder what a day in the life of a Scizor looks like?
:thinking:

2 Likes

Can’t believe I missed that, thank you. :sweat_smile: Can’t wait for everyone and their step dog to do ZaRd. I might try and draw some anime style stuff with Galarian Rapidash xD

I have a neat idea, but I don’t know how to make art. Guess I have a while to figure it out, though.

All unique releases are worth celebrating! Hopefully, this one doesn’t get made into a jumbo.

1 Like

What do you mean? Jumbo only or regular and jumbo? I can see why just jumbo would be bad, but what makes regular size and jumbo bad?

Only jumbo

Wish I had artistic skill. What my drawing would look like:

10 Likes

Pretty spot on for a leprechaun and doubles as a convincing galarian Mr Rime, just add a mustache.

1 Like

!!! thank you @azulryu , and @fourthstartcg , I’ve been in literal academic hell so I might not have seen this

Also
Komiya is a judge???

4 Likes

Now its bathtub slowpoke’s time to become a card :blush:

16 Likes

Thanks for the tag. This is great. I completely agree @smpratte, the bathtub slowpoke was born for this!

They did for the Gardevoir promo actually. The winner received a huge version of her card:

Source

Source

Not sure if the same applies to the Charizard winner. He only mentions he won the contest pretty briefly on his Twitter, but no pictures of the actual card.

Greetz,
Quuador

7 Likes

I look forward to seeing what the winners come up with and may God have mercy on their inboxes.

1 Like

If it’s anything like the last two years, most likely the cards will be massed produced and their inboxes will be spared.

3 Likes