Pokemon is replacing single League Promos with "Prize Packs" (POP Series Lite)

Thanks for the heads-up, I haven’t been here in a while and am still getting used to the new forum layout. :sweat_smile:

I’ll eagerly await their pre-Christmas non-V, non-VMAX list!

Not having a full list is so frustrating!

3 Likes

I just sent a request for a set list to Pokémon on their contact us link on their page. If enough of us do it, maybe they will give us some more information on the actual set list.

2 Likes

Honestly. With how frustrating it is to not only find singles from this pack but any info at all, it makes me want to pick up competitive so I can earn some packs. But that’s just too much effort for someone who’s never been good at card games.

1 Like

For anyone who needs the PLAY stamp variant for their species or set collections, my advise is to sit back and wait to buy the singles. There are dozens of posts on Facebook like this with card shops having hundreds of packs to hand out to people just for walking in the door and as prizes.

9 Likes

Oh what I would give to have a card shop within a 20 minute drive of me.

1 Like

For sure. The good news is these will be handed out like candy, and when series 2 is released, these stores will either sell the rest of series 1 or give even more out to their customers. So should be plenty of singles out there in January

1 Like

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

Despite me being generally bad with spreadsheets, I finally got around to compiling the 130+ cards seen so far for Play! Pokémon Series One prize packs. I’ll be updating this regularly, DM me if you see any other cards not currently listed :slight_smile:

View here: Play! Pokémon Prize Packs - Set Lists - Google Sheets

Series Two is supposed to arrive in February (I think that one store was sent them by accident), I’ll be updating those on a separate tab in the same spreadsheet.

14 Likes

Thanks Professor! We appreciate it

2 Likes

Has anyone considered if series 2 will have a lot of the same cards as series 1, but a few rotated out for later sets in SWSH?

Yeah the image from the eBay listing above shows Flaaffy, Tower of Waters and Fog Crystal. My guess is that Series Two will be Battle Styles to Brilliant Stars/Astral Radiance.

Another one confirmed

4 Likes

Sylveon V missing from your list, I saw an image on ebay today of it.

1 Like

Perhaps this deserves it’s own thread? Especially if it’s basically the only currently available resource on the internet?

2 Likes

I made a guide 10 minutes ago :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I started typing that message 40 minutes ago and just noticed i didn’t send it, my bad :relaxed:

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: List of Play! Pokémon Prize Pack Cards

What is bulbapedia’s plan for these sets? Will it be a unique set, or just a blurb on each card that the card was featured in this release?

Also, can these 2 threads be merged? The only new thing about the newer thread is the set list spreadsheet is listed in post 1 instead of post 48.

The threads serve two purposes now. Discussion and curation of the contents of the list can go in the other thread, this one is for general discussion of the league promos

The primary benefit is that Google only really indexes the first few posts in a thread. If you want a resource like this to have exposure to people who aren’t on e4, it’s better to make a separate thread. It’s the best way to maximize the reach of a resource like this, which is what @professorstephen would want since you devoted the time into building it!

Also, it really helps the site to have high quality and useful content on the site get their own thread. So thank you to all who help out on this front!

5 Likes