Pokemon is replacing single League Promos with "Prize Packs" (POP Series Lite)

I am slightly surprised Pokémon hasn’t released a full set list. I am relying on searching social media for “prize packs” and hoping someone posted their pulls

Time to start collecting lol

I am shocked there hasn’t been any sealed packs listed for sale on eBay yet. I have seen a lot of posts from leagues advertising the prize packs at their events that occurred the past 2 weeks.

Also, the only single card I have seen on eBay is an Espeon VMAX for $100, yikes.

I’m wondering if they’re being more strict on the distribution this time compared to the past. Well that, and maybe not that many tournaments because of the holidays. This set might just be really hard to find.

My local shop just got their shipment in on Monday

1 Like

Then factor in their first event might not be for a week or 2. This makes sense there is not much out there right now. Patience may be key with these cards, by February there should be a lot more avaialble.

I wonder how easily these packs will be to weigh too. Something to consider when buying second hand.

If they don’t have the counter weighted code cards in them, then I would imagine weighing them would be very easy

I hadn’t thought about that. But given that the V/VMAX seem to be not holo, a non heavy pack could still have rare cards.

The Umbreon V, Espeon VMAX, and Leafeon VMAX that I have seen pictures of appear to be holo. Maybe there are some that are non holo too, it’s early yet and there is still no set list.

To all: any recent updates on the set list?

Not much new info yet, possibly this week as stores in the US have finally started to receive them.

It will be tough to find many of these packs available for sale. These are the best things to happen to Pokémon Leagues in the past five years (since I started playing) and stores do not want to lose eligibility for future Series.

1 Like

What a weird set. You’d think they’d at least release a set list. If there’s holos and non holos of the V/VMAX this is just going to be a mess.

It seems to be only on the regular Pokemon, all of the V/VMAXs are straight reprints of their set versions (holo) with the Play Pokemon stamp. 100s of packs opened in the UK, and so far no one seems to have pulled Umbreon VMAX (if it exists), Rayquaza VMAX or Charizard VMAX :grimacing:

5 Likes

Long time lurker. First time poster.

Series 2 packs spotted on eBay UK…

4 Likes

Series Two already out? That was fast! Thought it was supposed to be out on Feb.

It is supposed to be out Feb. either it’s fake, or someone is selling these way too early. Wonder if they still have issues with people stealing from the warehouses.

The Latias in that shows cards from Fusion Strike are in it, fingers crossed there isn’t a Greninja V. That is going to be super hard to track down if it is in there…

Series 2 pack is probably one that got released too early.

I have seen facebook posts of card shops having hundreds (or atleast dozens) of series one packs. I am not buying any singles from this for atleast a month.

The lack of information about the exact card pool is frustrating. I haven’t been able to find any kind of comprehensive documentation of the contents of these new Play! Prize Packs despite them having been out for a month.

I need to know if there’s any Yuka Morii cards in there! :sob:

1 Like

I would speculate that these have been sent to a store in error (perhaps instead of Series 1 packs in a mix up). Obviously they shouldn’t be flogging them on eBay but I have already seen a handful of stores doing this.

@professorstephen has been working on their own list in one of the first posts on this thread. I am surprised Pokémon hasn’t released something publicly, or that Bulbapedia, PokeGuardian, or PokeBeach hasn’t been compiling a list either.

2 Likes