Pokemon back on Pawn Stars

First we had Gary, then Charlie and now Alex. Sealed boxes for days!

14 Likes

That comment is golden

12 Likes

Which one was Charlie? The misprint evolution card?

CGC guy evaluating CGC cards. sounds like something you’d see on pawn stars

7 Likes
1 Like

If they are e4 members, can you tag them in the OP and/or if they have an Instagram, can you add their handles? It would be cool to keep all of the Pawn Stars videos in one thread with the members’ public info.

3 Likes

Yep always find it hilarious when Denis from Wata comes for wata games and Matt or whoever else from CGC comes for cgc stuff. Seems conflict-y but typically they give proper market value and some backstory

2 Likes

Not to mention the test print cut from a sheet by cgc’s #1 customer. Did you also notice the “I’ve heard about you” in the beginning and the “always nice to see you” at the end?

I mean it’s no secret that this is all entirely scripted and staged but it really all comes together doesn’t it.

10 Likes

Love this idea

yeah i mean i’m sure to the average viewer, its whatever, but to nerds like us who keep up with these things, it feels wrong (although i’m not necessarily saying there is anything nefarious). i genuinely have nothing against cgc as a company, but their aggressive involvement in the hobby/scene makes it so easy to get suspicious.

3 Likes

i think the most offensive part of that video is them glancing over the deoxys box and focusing on base. this is probably the perfect example of the disconnect between me and their target audience lol

5 Likes

90% will remember the base set box and get a nostalgia kick from it, or be exited to see the OG set that started it all. It will sell fast, and if it doesn’t, it’s great item to have around the shop for its historical value. Chum can easily sell that aspect to Rick.

What he can’t sell is that the whole collection is a good investment and there’s a snowballs shot in hell that a 5 figure random box might go up in value and maybe some overland pedantic collector comes in looking for it.

1 Like

yeah i have to remember this is also a real place and not just a made up set for a made up reality tv show

2 Likes

@KingPokemon still has the best Pokémon episode on pawn stars.

2 Likes

Watched this yesterday on YouTube and my thinking nowadays is there seems to be an incrowd all working together.

1 Like

Those JP Neo boxes :eyes:

Because my episode was the second most viewed segment in pawn stars history (20 million wire to wire watches) they’ve asked me to return several times. So I’ll be back for filming next month. Can’t elaborate yet but it’ll be fun;)

49 Likes

:eyes:

in #theHobby we call them cabals

9 Likes

At least they are a friendly bunch it’s interesting watching it all knowing a bit more than the average viewer lol.