highest ever sales of pokemon cards

i was wondering with the number one just being broken whats the top 10 highest selling cards

so

1. scotts pikachu illustrator at $54.970

whast the other 9 if someone could help out with course links (proof) if not maybe the highest selling you have seen with links and we can come up with a list of the top selling pokemon cards :blush:

hears the one i can see on ebay but course i feel like i am way out

www.ebay.com/itm/1st-Edition-Shadowless-Charizard-4-102-PSA-9-Mint-Pokemon-Card-/332007861802?hash=item4d4d35ee2a:g:1wUAAOSwgZ1XuL2p only US $1,825.00

Here, $12k

www.ebay.com/itm/PSA-10-GEM-MINT-1st-Edition-Shadowless-CHARIZARD-Pokemon-1st-Base-Set-4-102-/112139115163?hash=item1a1c031a9b:g:360AAOSwYIxX3Jy-

(not sure if sold for that price)

$8.8k for another 10 here:
www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Pokemon-Game-1st-Edition-Holo-Charizard-4-PSA-10-GEM-MINT-PWCC-/351844881326?hash=item51eb96d3ae:g:kz4AAOSwmfhX3tSX

nice so we have 1 and 2 spots so far :blush:

Solid topic, but difficult to provide evidence for high end sales as most are private.

Here is the other illustrator card I sold for 50k. Again, the funds for items above 5 figures are typically wired privately.

A few other notable high end sales:

2004 no 1 Trainer: $14,000
Snap Pikachu: Ā£11,000
Prerelease Raichu: $10,500
1st Edition Base Set Box: $10,000
@garyis2000 BGS 10 1st Edition Base Charizard was 5 figures as well, donā€™t remember the exact quote.

If you want to include trophy card sets, the 1997 Pikachu trophy set went for around $24,000 in the year 2000. That was the only known or verified time a complete set of the 1997 pikas sold together in one listing.

2 Likes

I might make a youtube video of the top 10 when this list is finished unless someone has a problem with me doing that :grin:

Funny how smpratte owns both 1st and 2nd spots LOL What a god!

1 Like

soā€¦

so far

1 and 2 pikachu illustrator at $54.970 and $50.000
3 2004 no 1 Trainer: $14,000
4 shadowless zard psa 10 and $11,999
so if the set was sold togther for $24,000 be $8000 on each pika trophy

so thats 7 last 3 :blush:

maybe make a top 15 or something as having 3 pika trophies seems kind of borrowing wonā€™t be much variety

Can confirm the 12k Charizard

1 Like

@jameskray you canā€™t break up sets and divide the price between the three, that would be like taking a base set that sells for $200 and saying charizard is worth less than $2. Itā€™s a set of cards being sold as a set. The list is going to be ā€˜boringā€™ if youā€™re going with pure numbers the only cards that demand high prices are Trophy cards/illustrator/snap cards, Charizard 1st ed, and the Pr Raichu. That is the top 10. As for the specific order I donā€™t know, but those are the only cards that demand $8,000+ in price.

3 Likes

@cullers Exactly!

Also, in relation to the general discussion, a lot of the high end cards have not recently sold publicly and/or graded. I am not referring to yahoo japan, or any other private Japanese sites that are the textbook definition of restricted markets. There is a lot of potential value that cannot be properly determined. I could speculate from my experience with the higher end items, but it would nonetheless be speculation.

1 Like

Didnā€™t pokesyn buy his no rarity zard for 10k?

2 Likes

I thought it was 10k Dong

3 Likes

I won the BGS 10 1st Base Charizard on eBay for $10,800.00 last year. Soon after I was offered 18,000.00 privately and passed. I posted a pic of the eBay page with the offer which was made on eBay somewhere here on efour. Earlier this month Rick Harrison offered me 30,000.00 and with some trepidationā€¦passed again:(

7 Likes

5 Likes

You gonna be on the next episode of Pawn Stars Gary???

Exactly! Most high end trophy cards rarely if ever hit the actual open market, especially graded.

So whatā€™s the rough number how many of these were given out? Lately Iā€™ve seen this card mentioned frequently here but almost no one seems to have it ( except the copy youā€™ve showcased on youtube ). :blush:

I spoke with a couple contestants and there were 12 japanese players at the 2001 tournament. I also spoke with one of the japanese contestants and they donā€™t want to sell.

I have noticed that more people want the japanese copy since it is a ā€œPā€ promotional card. Media Factory achieved professional troll level with that card. :wink:

2 Likes

Heā€™s my neighbor but weā€™ve bought sold traded before.

1 Like

amazing discussion and agree after hearing the points on not braking the sets up so maybe go with highest paid in a single go :blush: