Pawn Stars: Rare Collection of Charizard Pokemon Cards (S14)

So the History Channel on YouTube just reuploaded Gary’s Pawn Stars visit here. The channel has 4.28 million subscribers so it’s bound to get a lot of traction! The reupload might have to do with the upcoming releases of Pokémon Sword & Shield, but that’s just speculation on my end!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8koNcIJ9rUM

4 Likes

Wow that’s very interesting. Does anyone know if they typically re upload old vids?

Yes they do on occasion!

22 Likes

The original upload on YouTube has over 8 million views now, which is the 3rd most viewed video of all-time on Pawn Stars’ YouTube channel.

Give this man @garyis2000 his cut! :rage:

2 Likes

Are you serious. Their 3rd highest segment? Dang. I did t know that.

2 Likes

@garyis2000 Here’s the proof:

www.youtube.com/channel/UCmyjVwYZbp5YPYTUyeopO2g/videos?view=0&sort=p&flow=grid

You’re only trailing a 1600s Samurai sword and a collection of props from the 1971 Willy Wonka movie.

2 Likes

@garyis2000, 8 million views in ad revenue you probably could pick up an extra PSA 10 1st Ed Base Zard or two lol

3 Likes

It’s only a rough estimate, but this YouTube money calculator estimates that the video has earned about $15,500.

1 Like

@hyruleguardian , that would be on the extreme low end many of the established network tv YouTube channels have insane cpms compared to normal YouTubers which is pretty unfair but dems the brakes

2 Likes

Oh wow! I had no idea the original video was that high up. That’s impressive, but not as impressive as Gary’s collection!

Revenue on Youtube is based on many things. But up/down votes, comments, subscribers to the channel, the comment:view ratio, duration of the video itself.

So a 8m views with barely 60k upvotes isn’t hitting the right ratios for the system to start paying big $$$

I still remember the first day i saw Gary on Tv, i was with my mum and she said: ''Look, that old man collects ‘‘pokeman’’ cards too!! lol

3 Likes

@genosha, that is true if you are a mere mortal YouTube user, network TV channels have established advertising channels and get way sweeter deals.

Ad revenue is soley based on cpm or views, the likes, subscribers etc. relate more to how the algorithm will pick your vid up and share it to other people in recommend etc. As an example H3H3 has said in the past they usually got around $1/$2 cpm (Very low), they have high engagement likes and subscribers etc.

Companies already probably pay 5 figures for a single ad slot for the show so it makes sense why they would get more cpm over a regular youtuber it’s also pretty evident when you see the trending tab lots of videos with network tv content etc. but obviously they aren’t the most watched vids at the time.

1 Like

Tell your mom, Gary thinks she’s very sweet:)

I make about $6 CPM, but I’m sure that goes down once you have a ton of viewers instead of a loyal fan base - a fan base that will watch longer and hit those ad breaks.

1 Like

A classic, and one of our own :wink:

1 Like

Content also plays a role in ad revenue, many videos related to making money, investing money will earn much more than a video of funny cats.

1 Like

@jcincy101, Nice! $6cpm is pretty good there’s a guy who blew up recently Graham Stephan he said he regularly gets double digits with 6million avg. monthly views, so I don’t think it is dependent on views but you sure can get bank if your content is advertiser friendly.

1 Like

Hmmm… maybe Gary should try to get on Antiques Roadshow, I work at PBS and last week we had around 1.2M people tune in in the NYC metro area alone, and there are always reruns + could be clipped for YouTube. Would be best to go with two old boxes, say 1st Ed. Base and a rare Japanese one, than anything PSA.

3 Likes