Pokecardtrader Return Scam

ebay user “pokecardtrader”

Has won 6 of my listings on ebay, then received them / relisted them for sale at a higher price on the same platform. When they did not sell for him, he elected to open fraudulent returns claiming that 3 of the PSA cases had cracked in transit (they had not, and were sent back to me fine after approving the return), and claiming that the item was not as described for the other 3. Images attached in the return request were the same cert number as the images from his listings that he cancelled.

www.ebay.com/usr/pokecardtrader?ul_noapp=true

The name on his account is Dustin Looper from Sheridan Wyoming. I’d prefer to not post his address, but anyone around that area should be aware that his behavior speaks volumes about his character and anyone considering transactions with him should proceed with caution. From my experiences with him, he will not be afraid to take advantage of a situation if it is in his best interests.

10 Likes

That’s ridiculous!

1 Like

Hey Tim, I made this its own thread, as the situation is pretty rare. Do you have a screengrab of some of the cards returned. That way we can log this person on the blacklist, as this is cut and dry fraud.

Wow, that’s pretty low. Sorry to hear that.

That’s a pretty solid business model for the first couple times he tries it, but how many times(with various sellers) will ebay allow him to return? Surely they can’t believe his bad luck.

Hopefully you could grab some screenshots of this and send them to ebay to deal with.

Bidder is banned on all ID’s. Thanks for the heads up Nolan.

Is he zero rated? I can’t find any listings, opened or closed, on his site.

1 Like

www.ebay.com/usr/pokecardtrader?ul_noapp=true

I have screengrabs. There is also a second chance offer where I wrote that I had another and would be willing to offer it to him and he accepted. His return reason is that “the card received doesn’t match the listing photo because the PSA cert is different”.

The thing is, he had no problems receiving them and reposting them to ebay.

I’ll go grab an imgur account and get to work.

1 Like

imgur.com/a/ZEp95U0

1 Like

Here is the documentation for the Snorlax, Dark Persian, and Articuno. There are 3x Pikachu W Stamp Jungle cards that he did this with also.

imgur.com/a/w64KeuH

On a side note, mad props to ebay on their retargeting campaign… They managed to hit me with all three of these fraudulent return listings on their efour banner ad.

imgur.com/a/4vMmuY1

And… now he is beginning to spam negative FB on my account. Stay away.

Buy his 6.00 dice listing then you can leave negative with proper explanation.

Man, as good as that would make me feel…I must not be drunk enough yet to think this is a good idea. I’d really like to try and take the adult path here and let this go… The guy will ultimately get his when the time comes. All the more reason why I’m working on a better marketplace built on trust and with zero tolerance for scammers.

4 Likes

When you find it, let me know;)

haha, will do. I’ve got the mockups for the website ready and I’ve passed some details to Scott. Feel free to PM me your email and I’ll send over what I’ve got.

2 Likes

My email is no secret around here lol. garyis2000@aol.com

Hey @jakew1992 it’s Dustin Looper :joy::joy::joy:

Just in case people are unaware, Dustin Looper is a prospective politician in the US;

www.ourcampaigns.com/CandidateDetail.html?CandidateID=415259

This guy has got a lot of heat from the US Facebook groups.

1 Like

Omfg :joy::joy::joy: is he back again :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

@jakew1992 @ozenigma whats the back story on this guy lol…?

The guy is just bad news mate!

8 Likes

Might want to edit out your address from the pic