Non English/Non Japanese Exclusives

My 2 biggest thrills in the hobby - learning of new cards that are released, and discovering unique variations of cards in different languages.
What are some of the non-English non-Japanese cards in your collection that have a unique variant that few people know about?

Korean
Unique holo

Unique holo

Unique holo pattern

Unique holo pattern

Unique gold holo border

French
McDonalds - unique reverse confetti holo

McDonalds only way to get holo in the artwork for all these cards

Chinese
Exclusive holo border

Unique mirror reverse holo

Indonesian
Plenty of unique stamps for this language, I only have one, the KFC Eevee.

16 Likes

I personally love the different Vivillon:

• the pink pattern (not featured here) was included in every language (except Japanese I think)
  • the purple pattern was Japanese exclusive
  • the blue pattern was Spanish and Italian exclusive
  • the white pattern was Russian exclusive
  • the yellow pattern was Korean and German exclusive
  • the orange pattern was English exclusive
  • and the green/yellow pattern was Portuguese exclusive
15 Likes

This is awesome, thanks for sharing!

Have the Chinese KFC stamped promos of these 3.

1 Like

Wow, I need those holo Umbreon and Glaceon. Probably pretty difficult to find, but its on my list!

Not sure if it applies but I picked up this Thai set at worlds

The sowsow pikachu is one of my fav artworks

5 Likes

Here some Pikachu with unique holofoil for non-English/non-Japanese languages:

Korean Legendary Treasures with unique Golden border (like your Eevee):

Italian XY Holofoil, with Sheen Holofoil (there are also Holofoil XY Pikachu in English and Russian, but those are both Cosmos Holofoil):

French Burning Shadows McDonald’s Reverse Holo:

French POP 9 Holofoil (it’s non-holo in the other languages, except for the Japanese promo of this artwork):

French Glossy WB promo (from Japanese magazine):

Italian BW54 Cosmos Holofoil promo (it’s non-Holo in English, and a different holofoil type in Japanese):

Korean 120/SM-P non-holo promo (it’s Holo in every other language it’s released in):

Indonesian 016/S-P non-Holo promo including KFC stamp (Holo in all other languages it’s released in):

Chinese 030/S-P non-holo promo including Gym stamp (it also has a holo variant in Chinese, and it’s holo in all other languages it’s released in):

Korean 049/BW-P starfoil on entire card (it’s non-holo in Japanese, the only other language this artwork is released in):

Non-holo in Thai and Indonesian, Holofoil promo in Korean (bordered Holofoil promo in Japanese):

French exclusive Shadowless Jumbo Base Set:

French exclusive Jumbo XY95:

The Portuguese 25th anniversary Jumbo Base Pikachu has a non-holo 25th anniversary logo, which is holofoil in all other languages it’s released in:

Korean, Thai, and Indonesian exclusive Pikachu artwork:

Spanish exclusive Pikachu artwork:

German exclusive Mew artwork, French exclusive Kecleon artwork, and Korean exclusive Zeraora artwork:

</div

Greetz,
Quuador

11 Likes

Keep them coming! This is already turning into a fun thread

2 Likes

One more for this thread:

Korean exclusive Jumbo card:

And there are at least 20 French exclusive Jumbo cards, although I don’t have a list for them.

Greetz,
Quuador

9 Likes

Those Korean Plasma holos are something else, very beautiful. The Chandelure is incredible as well. I believe the cosmos-esque holofoil to be found on the regular holos of this era in Korean are also exclusive versions. They have the horizontal lines in all other languages I believe.

imageimage

3 Likes

I stumbled upon the Glaceon randomly on someone’s ebay store in the UK. So I watched some Korean youtube openings from the BW era and learned of the Umbreon holo as well.

It makes me wonder what else I am missing. I was just an English degenerate up until the pandemic, so been searching for other variants for only a couple of years.

Yeah, a lot of stuff out there. I am still only an English degenerate but the more Korean cards I see the more I am tempted. :smile:

1 Like

Not sure about the sowsow Pikachu :sweat_smile: , but the Vs are definite fits!

Those 4 cards are originally exclusive to the Japanese Start Deck 100 CoroCoro Version (a.k.a. Deck 000), and the deck was later released in Korean and Traditional Chinese. Since TPC never planned to release the deck in Thailand, they released Thai copies of the exclusive cards instead as promo cards in a promotion with local 3P merchant Back 2 School.

However, the Vs included in deck products (in any language) are reverse holofoil cards, while all B2S promos are non-holo except Pikachu VMAX. This makes the Thai copies the only language whose Deck 000 exclusive Vs are non-holo!

On request, after mentioning them in this thread, I also post this here:

The small shiny Pokémon from the DP & Platinum era are Reverse Holo in English/German/French/Italian, but Cosmos Holofoil in Spanish for some reason:

Greetz,
Quuador

6 Likes

@quuador About SH Mons, how they were released in Spanish???

Some days ago in the Spanish Wiki we were discussing about Platinum Base Set Reverse Holos.
It’s said that Platinum Base Set had no Reverse Holos. In English version, SH Mons were Reverse Holo by default and we thought they were not released in Spanish … until I saw your images. Can they be obtained in Booster Packs or they were distributed in a different way???

Thanks.

Great. Now I NEED to have that Korean Espeon :star_struck:

1 Like

Seems to be a bunch of stamped Thai promos out there.

3 Likes

These are one of the rare cases in which the two major regions TW and HK get the same promo but with different stamps. In Taiwan the cards were released as KFC promos so you get the KFC stamp, but in Hong Kong they were released in a different event called Pokémon TCG Summer Rally, so you will get the Summer Rally stamp instead.

They were also assigned different card numbers, so if you want to complete the Traditional Chinese S-P promos by index, you will have to get both sets.

3 Likes

Well I guess this qualifies for reviving this thread…

Pikachu in Batik Shirt

Resembles the upcoming Pikachu’s Indonesia Journey, but according to locals this was first given out in another event in February.

10 Likes

Since Victini ex is a G regulation card and 2024 begins with H, it may as well be here (until further notice)

This too, since there is only one Taipei [Pokémon Center]

7 Likes