Next Pokemon Games

Well, the XY games are solidly behind us, ORAS hype has died down, but perhaps will see a resurgence with the new Hoopa movie and XY7 Bandit Ring. Basically the remake-ness of ORAS also means we aren’t seeing anything new besides a few new megas and the occasional event legend we’ve known about for years.

So, what do you think will be next for the video game franchise? I’ve heard lots of speculation, but here are the most likely games I think will happen.

1. Pokemon XZ/YZ
  2. Pokemon Yellow Remake (20th Anniversary)
  3. Generation 7 (delta species Pokemon?)
  4. Something completely new. A Gen 6 game with a completely different storyline, new villainous team, etc.

I personally think XZ/YZ is the most likely and will be announced soon. This is corroborated by 2 unreleased moves for Zygarde, called Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves, which signal 2 new Zygarde formes/megas/primals. I also think it goes along with Pokemon’s recent trend of bucking the trends, for lack of a better phrase. We do need one more Gen 6 game to release Volcanion, the third member of the Kalos legendary trio. (Also including Hoopa and Diancie)

Thoughts?

one mega game where you play through all of the regions just called pokemon and you can catch all of the pokemon without any stupid events or bs alternate version

2 Likes

Which will never ever happen. $$$ talks.

Omg… makes me feel old…

1 Like

I bet my testicles than next year has some sort of Generation 1 remake, for real.

This year is still open for debate. I think a break year would be a very good thing to relax the franchise a bit and save some hype for 2016 because it will be a huge year for Pokemon, money wise. I’d like a Pokemon Z or XY2 or whatever, but I won’t be bothered if it doesn’t happen.

The window for 2015 will close soon.

1 Like

Apparently there will be an announcement on the 21st of May.

ORAS was announced in May last year. I am positive that they will do something next year for the 20th Anniversary but am still unsure about this year. Maybe something, maybe more of the freemium type games to give them a lot of time to develop for next year.

A Pokémon Pinball remake could be a possibility for another freemium game…

2 Likes

Talk about a bet it sucks to lose. lol

2 Likes

A new Pokemon TCG game would be wonderful, but unlikely due to PTCGO.

2 Likes

Satoshi Tajiri is going to be at E3.

Let’s start the speculation.

1 Like

2 Likes

So was Mystery Dungeon the big release or will there be an additional one? Otherwise that would be quite disappointing

1 Like

Hmm… Now this is quoted… I hope you are right @milhouse :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

I really hope it isn’t, but it looks like that’s the 2015 game. I was so hyped up for the 21st thinking we would get something huge, and we get Mystery Dungeon. Lets just hope they are taking their time on the development of the actual new games.

I think that it’s a cheap way to get high revenues on a new channel. If they don’t use one of their biggest characters sets on the phone, I will be surprised.

A full mobile version of Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow. I will pay anything.

2 Likes

Something big is going down at E3.

He already confirmed that he isn’t going to E3.

@ozenigma

He’s lying to divert us.