Wild & Irresponsible Predictions for Pokémon Day 2024

With Pokémon Day 2024 (February 27th) quickly approaching I thought it would be fun to once again predict (and in some cases, wildly speculate) what we might see in a Pokémon Direct.

Will new TCG sets be revealed? Generation 10 games announced? A new spinoff title?

I’m still desperately hoping for the gen 1-3 games to be put on the Nintendo switch in some capacity. This seems like a no brainer but I’ve said that for the past 5 years so… yeah. With the 3DS eshop and online servers official going extinct in April, now is the time… right? I would love to hear your thoughts and predictions!

15 Likes

The only predictions I have are for the mainline games.
-Gen 5 remakes holiday season of this year
-hope and pray for the older games (GB era) to be available on switch.
-I personally don’t think we get gen 10 this year, but an announcement anyways would be fun.

As for TCG & Spinoff games, who knows lol. They will probably spend a large portion of the time talking: Unite skins, pokemon sleep/cafe remix/go events

3 Likes

I’m hoping for Legends Johto and Unova remakes. Although I’d say Legends Johto is at the top of my hopium list.

What we’ll get is a new Pokemon-themed game around using the bathroom, Pokemon Cafe ReRemix (add fancy hat Chef Weedle to your cafe), Let’s Go Gulpin and Let’s Go Slugma (developed by ILCA) and 12 new skins for Pokemon Unite.

23 Likes
  • Gen 2 remake to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Gold & Silver this year, to release in November
  • Gen 5-based Legends; Kyurem next January
12 Likes

My prediction is that there will be a new announcement for Unite, a tie in event for Masters EX, something for Cafe and GO.

But the big announcement I think will be they are putting out a new Pokken, possibly as one of the 1st games for the Switch 2 or whatever they call in. It gives them that extra time they desperately need to actually focus on making core games better.

2 Likes

At this point, the expectation should be that they will announce a new MSG that is a spin-off/remake, and given all the theming and stuff from SV, it should be in Unova.

If we don’t get that then I’m sure people will be disappointed unless of course it’s BDSP 2 then we’ll be lamenting what could have been.

Pokemon will buy Showdown and turn it into a subsidiary. They will inject $1 billion into development, Zarel will be the CEO answering directly to Ishihara, all of TPC’s internal resources will be at his disposal. CAP’s will turn into official Pokemon, the Balanced Hackmons ladder will be purged of trolls and the TCG will release sets based on The Other metagame of the month, with cosmos of course.

The site will still be free to use just better in every way.

4 Likes

Pokemon will announce that they are retiring Charizard and it will no longer be included in the TCG.

4 Likes

And I thought I was being wild…

1 Like

I’m swinging for the fences here:

• Colosseum and XD get added to NSO before gens 1-3 (this is based off the fact that we already got the N64 games added so gamecube is next logical step)
    -Next game is going to be launch title for switch 2 at the end of the year. If it is legends something, Gen 5 remake or Gen 10 no clue but my guess is that it is a launch title.
1 Like

B3W3 but please dont put terastallizing hats on precious zekrom or reshiram.

Best to keep my expectations low as always

1 Like

2024 Year of the Dragon set featuring cards like Rayquaza, Gyarados, and 24 different Charizards.

13 Likes

Lol! Ex dragon 2

I’d be super hype. I recently discovered that ex dragon had one of each dragon type at the time. Let’s see if they can do that now with tons more dragon types

In 03

Now (they can do it, sets are big enough these days lol)

3 Likes

Oh this is so good!!

1 Like

I just want another Legends Arceus style game :face_holding_back_tears:

4 Likes

1.) Reprint of the 4 Neo sets, boxes and all. Similar to YGO’s anniversary reprint.

2.). Legends Game based on Johto

A guy can dream….

4 Likes

still waiting for those Fing gen 1 games on switch so that i can play stadium on switch the way it was meant. if not, gonna by an N64 and i got the cartridges and gba sp and just get that nostalgia like the 90’s

2 Likes

I’m hoping for gb/gbc/gba games on the switch but not likely

4 Likes

A new Pokémon game with over 1 year of development that runs smoothly at 60fps and doesn’t look like it was made in 2003

2 Likes

Wild Prediction:

Actual Prediction:

• Pokemon GO event for Johto
  • Pokemon Sleep event for Johto
  • Pokemon Cafe event for Johto
  • New mobile app that creates Pokemon-themed recipes for kids to make with their parents in real life
8 Likes