Wild & Irresponsible Predictions for Pokémon Day 2024

Maybe im just old and full of nostalgia but i would love a crystal version revamp.

4 Likes

It seems like almost everyone would agree that more Legends games would be welcomed.

2 Likes

pokemon legends kanto! with jessie’s mom and what happened when she went to try and find mew!

Eevee Villains

11 Likes

With the news of 3DS online services ending in April, I’m gonna say non-switch games to be added to Switch Online.

Maybe this isn’t that wild and irresponsible. As well, I really dislike the subscription model; bring back buying the old games on Virtual Consol for £7.99! :soon:

3 Likes

And make it dutiful to the Crystal Version. Since original Crystal introduced Sprite Animations - make the game have more dynamic and complex visuals and animations and instead of tying Gen 1 and 2 worlds and maps together, include Gens 1-4 with new explorable options and travel locations.

1 Like

To celebrate the true origins of pokemon, they will announce that the next games will return to japan, and that starting with Gen 10, the TCG will only be available in Japanese. (Also to combat scalping.) :wink: PLUS, I like Fourthstar’s idea that Legends Ho-oh or Lugia be released (I personally think Ho-oh is the better choice).

They may make a day-to-day pokemon app like Sleep, that helps you get things done or maybe a fitness app. They do have their active wear line (can’t remember the name), so that would fit well. Help people make those New Year’s resolutions happen after failing for a month! :partying_face:

Shuntaro Furukawa, president of Nintendo steps on stage to polite applause. “野獣を閉じ込めるためにはドアを閉めてください!” he screams suddenly. The doors to the auditorium are slammed shut; security personnel standing before each one. A mummer of dissent is heard from the packed audience.

At a motion from Furukawa, all lights die save for a single spotlight on the stage. A shy Japanese man steps out from the wings to join Furukawa in the pool of light, looking uncomfortable.

Shocked whispers come from the stunned journalists and industry gadflies in the crowd. “Could it be…? Is it him?” Indeed, it is the god himself. Satoshi Tajiri, the legendary inventor of Pokémon.

Furukawa slaps Tajiri on the back, encouraging him forward. With a crazed gleam in his eye, Tajiri steps up. “LISTEN UP WEEBS” he bellows calmly. “I’M GONNA FLOG POKEMON BACK INTO SHAPE LIKE A RED-HEADED MULE. ALL DESIGNS AFTER GEN 4 ARE HARAM. WE’RE DOING A HARD RESET.” A manic gleam enters his eyes.

“The world has until Tuesday to turn over all post gen-4 games and cards” Furukawa adds. “The death squads will be deployed after Tuesday to discover and take care of any violations.”

“BUT THAT’S NOT ALL” gently screams Tajiri, frothing at the mouth. “BRING OUT THE CHIEF OF CHARACTER DESIGN!” A cowering man in a suit is dragged on stage by security dressed wearing Team Rocket Costumes. Tajiri pulls out a handgun and summarily executes the man. “I WISH THE DESIGN TEAM BEST OF LUCK WITH THEIR FUTURE INNOVATIVE, NON-DERIVATIVE IDEAS AS WE RESET POKEMON,” he placidly bellows.

As the body is dragged off-stage, Tajiri takes a deep breath. “If you’ll excuse me, I am going to now decimate the seniors of the design team” he says, pulling out a katana and stalking into the wings. As muffled screaming erupts behind him, an unruffled Furukawa steps forward. “Now, let me introduce The Pokemon Companies newest foray: the 18+ Lopunny shower experience, with a pilot facility opening in Tokyo in Q3 of this year…”

8 Likes
  1. Nintendo announces Pocket Pair, Inc. was actually a subsidiary of Pokemon and all aspects of Palworld are canonical.

2. Pokemon pulls out of Hawaii for the World Championships due to the protests against tourism and changes the destination to Toronto, Canada .

2 Likes

Bringing all the old games onto the switch would be fantastic, would love to play the GBA games on newer hardware with easier connectivity to trade and battle with friends

3 Likes

I look forward to this thread :pray:

Some things I hope for:

1. Announcement of a new spinoff game that takes place either in Unova or Johto (based somewhat off of the love both gens have gotten in SV and rumors of a BW related game). Personally, I don’t think it will be a Let’s Go or a Legends Arceus 2.0.
  2. Something TCG related. Perhaps another high dollar product like Pokémon Classic
  3. Some GBA era pokemon games being ported to the Switch
  4. general news and announcements for existing video games
  5. perhaps some Switch 2 news

I doubt we will see it, but it would be neat to see more SV dlc. Maybe not a paid one, but some sort of expansion upon the game in some way.

1 Like

I know it most definitely wouldn’t happen on Pokemon Day Announcements, but it has been over 10 years since Sylveon. It’s time for new Eevees. Dragon, Ghost, and Poison are top of my list, but there’s Ground, Rock, Fighting, Bug, Steel, Flying, and even Normal available.

Give me new Eevees or give me death.

6 Likes

maybe not wild and irresponsible, but there is a rumor that there is a new mythical which will be in the upcoming movie which i expect to come out in the summer. as someone who loves mythicals, i look forward to it and hope it’s good.

as for wild and irresponsible, i hope that they bring back movie promo decks like the ones from e-series and ex era

7 Likes

Pokemon Fates: Terapagos

The next game, set in a future era of the Paldea region. Iron everything.

1 Like

An Evolutions-style “Best of Neo” set would be amazing for the Gen 2 25th anniversary!

1 Like

“1.) Reprint of the 4 Neo sets, boxes and all. Similar to YGO’s anniversary reprint.”

This would be so great. Honestly for any (or all) of the WotC sets. Base through Neo is 10 non-reprint sets, which would be almost perfect for a monthly set release for the 30th anniversary in 2026!

1 Like

That would throw a wrench in Zarel’s schedule. They’re pretty busy around that time.

A Pokemon Pinball app for mobile phones with downloadable level packs and 10 years of support

@Dizzle @cross

2 Likes

the best part would be (hopefully) silver borders. it would make the cards actually collectible :slight_smile:

didn’t know this was the unpopular opinions thread :slight_smile:

1 Like