What pokemon game would you love to see made?

I was recntly thinking about Pokemon Go and its effect on the market. I was wondering what you think the next game created by Pokemon that could cause another spike in prices could be? Or just what type of game do you see potential in or is missing from the franchise. Any ideas you would love to see come to reality?

For me, I would love to see an official Pokemon MMO. I think it would consume my entire life.

3 Likes

A remake of this beauty.

6 Likes

What game could make another large turn in the market? No idea, but i know people want gen 4 remakes but dont think it would have that potential personally. So yeah, I have no idea on that one.

What game do I want to see for my own selfish reasons? Give me a damn Pokemon Pinball remake already!!! :blush:

2 Likes

Breath of the Wild, but Pokemon.

Same open world and story and depth and size, but Pokemon.

Is it so much to ask from the highest-grossing media franchise of all-time?

Nintendo showed us what was possible on the Switch with BotW. We all know that it can be done with Pokemon. Update the battle system beyond the turn-based system of yore and try to adopt more the fighting style of the anime. The reason that the originals were so turn-based and linear was because they had to be. There’s no reason why the system should have remained so stagnant as it has today. And for the graphical quality to still be so limited. This franchise is capable so much, and as someone who has obsessed over Pokemon (probably to an unhealthy degree lol) for nearly 90% of my entire life, it saddens me and I think it is pretty relevatory that I didn’t feel motivated to finish the Gen 7 games and was too disappointed to even purchase the Gen 8 games.

12 Likes

In all seriousness, if the next game could have a battle simulator in the same vein as showdown that would be great. You don’t have to waste hours just to play the game competitively.

2 Likes

Unpopular opinion I’m sure, but…
A mobile f2p p2w gacha game like Fate/Grand order with an expensive premium currency, say 20 dollars per 10 multi summon, with “rare” pokemon such as larvitar, bagon, etc. being 2% chance per summon. Instead of just having cgi like masters, there should be character illustrations for the portraits of each pokemon that you can click on along with voice lines that can incorporate works by TCG illustrators.
There should also be a gacha for different trainers you can use each having buffs to certain attributes of pokemon or special skills.
SR 5* trainers like cynthia, lance would be 1-3% while useless trainers like lass or youngster would be 3* and have a ~75% chance of being rolled.

I would set the rates for both the pokemon and trainer gacha as follows:

5* : 2%
4*: 23%
3*:75%

An actual full fledged pokemon gacha game that’s NOT pokemon masters would rake in the dough for nintendo faster than FE heroes could ever dream of.

A new game similar to Pokémon colosseum and Pokémon XD. Those two are underrated imo.

5 Likes

I would like a Pokemon game with an increased difficulty setting or one targeted towards adults, inject some dark souls level of difficulty in there even just 10%

6 Likes

Seconding this 100%

A VR Pokémon Snap game. We are long long overdue for a sequel!

4 Likes

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again a pokemon branded MMORPG would be a blast that I believe would open up to a new demographic and maintain longevity in a pokemon game like no other. It would have the ability to continually make amazing updates that would add generation after generation of pokemon to the game from keeping it from going stale, and it would finally bring a pokemon game that would defy the standard beat it and delete mentality that pokemon brings (outside of competitive battling for some). I think a pokemon MMORPG would make a killing and many people would be willing to spend some cash for it, myself included! It’s a pipe dream of mine, but i don’t see it happening at least not in the near future.

3 Likes

Pokemon Stadium 3.

/thread

1 Like

I loved the original Pokemon Card game, but I guess there is Pokemon Online…Maybe a console version would be cool.

1 Like

Oh, and Pokemon Snap! So we can get some new Pokemon Snap cards!!!

3 Likes

I’d like something really grand and beautifully hand-crafted. Open-world feeling, but still with an overarching plot and not as “generated” feeling as most open-world games feel today with creatures wandering their “zones” and whatnot.

For a Zelda reference, someone mentioned Breath of the Wild, but I mean more like Wind Waker. That’s not to say I think Pokemon should adopt the Wind Waker art style, but I think Pokemon really needs a strong creative & art direction in their modern games – in my opinion, the current direction is lacking some emotional gravitas… it’s all kinda washed out and plasticky, both in visuals and in writing.

Spiritually, Pokemon will always be “set out on your own” adventure for me. Carrying the same metaphor, hitting the seas in Wind Waker really nailed that feeling for the Zelda franchise, and that’s the feeling I want leaving my hometown in Pokemon games. I want true rivals and challenges, and a strong partner/team to help make it happen and look back on at the end.

@gengarbrigade, HeartGold and SoulSilver include content that was added in Pokemon Crystal (like the Eusine and Suicune story), so in that way Crystal has already been remade. I personally think that the Pokemon Yellow remake is the only direct third-version remake we will ever see, unfortunately.

1 Like

In regards to the OP asking what the next Pokemon Go will be, I think it will be a surprise to all of us. Pokemon Go was extremely successful due to the mixture of its novelty and the ubiquity of smart phones. This caused a huge amount of organic interest in Pokemon, which caused the prices of cards to spike as demand grew. You could even say that it made Pokemon mainstream again like it was back in 1999. It amazes me that, four years later, Pokemon Go and Pokemon in general is still riding that wave of popularity. I think we are in really awesome uncharted territory, considering that four years after 1999 came 2003 (Ruby/Sapphire ADV era) where Pokemon was not nearly as mainstream as it is today or was in 1999.

Let’s Go Pikachu and Let’s Go Eevee are kinda the remakes of Yellow as you start with either Pikachu or Eevee depending on the game and you can have all the Kanto starters in your team

I was referring to the two Let’s Go games when I said “the Pokemon Yellow remake”. Sorry for the confusing language. Pokemon Yellow is not a remake, it is the third-version game of Red and Blue. I’m just saying we won’t see a Let’s Go Crystal any time soon.

A game exploring the delta species, I thought there was a fan game once that did this but I’d love to see an official game. With added difficulty, open world and Dragon Frontiers end game :grin:

1 Like