Mystery of the Entei, Suicune and Raikou Goldstars

If you guys haven’t seen it already, there’s an insane amount of the Legendary Dog Goldstar cards (Entei, Suicune, Raikou) flooding the market.
There’s a guy in the Netherlands that I have bought a set from, the price is quite insane for being Goldstar cards, and every single one of them are mint condition. The volumes he has on them are also beyond reason. 49 sets sold on the main listing, plus probably more raw sets sold and lots of PSA 9 and 10 sets.
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181809085069

The cards look 100% legit aswell and even PSA have graded them without problem, so they all seem very legit.
He’s not the only one that has been selling them either, we also saw TheCharizardAuthority displaying these cards in bulk

I couldn’t resist asking the person I bought mine from, and he only said that he bought them from a source in America, and that he couldn’t say anything more without revealing sources.

But how is this even possible? I cannot begin to imagine how many of these their source has been sitting on, did he rob the printing factory of a whole bulk or what’s going on here? What would the math be of investing in boxes of this set at release and hoarding hundreds of these each?

It would be interesting to hear your thoughts :blush:

6 Likes

They are legit. Apparently this seller has a stash of these gold stars from a questionably legitimate source, apparently direct from printing. This being said, the seller is a known shill bidder and certified asshole. He has tried to collude with others to raise prices of EX Unseen Forces gold stars, lest he flood the market (as he is doing now) and undersell those sellers who acquired their cards through legitimate means.

I would not recommend purchasing anything from this seller. Because of this, all EX Unseen Forces gold stars are devalued and not something I would purchase as an investment opportunity, if buying one of these you should expect the price to continue to drop.

4 Likes

It sucks how much it devalued these gold stars and probably hurt the other gold stars to an extent.

@garyis2000

1 Like

I hope it does so I can buy all the Entei Gold Stars in the world for a cheap price.

BUt it does upset me that this guy got so many of the Dogs Gold Stars and just the value of those beautiful cards are just shit now and it is very sad since I really do love that card and wish there was just about 1k out there of it but I guess there isnt

Because of situations like this, gold stars are the plague of the Pokemon world.
I’m staying out of it since I’ve already voiced my warnings several times before.

4 Likes

Those cards are so saturated lol. I can’t recall a time I havent seen one of those gold stars at auction

Look at those english gold stars trio he has compared to what the japanese gold star 1st ed go for… Seen a suicune 1st ed japanese psa 10 go for 600US in like 1 hour lol. 500US for all 3 from this guy… Pretty Sad. Havn’t seen a suicune japanese gold star on ebay in 1st edition that didnt look like someone took a shit and wiped there ass with it since UK-card Collector put one up there and @pokemonmaster556 got it and it got a 10! That’s 1 time in 1 year and this proves the ultimate rareness of how much rareness the gold star 1st edition japanese are der boi.

If i saw all 3 of the dogs gold star in 1st ed japanese for 120
USD Mint like that Id buy 20 lots of them. NEVER GONNA HAPPEM BRUH!

2 Likes

I still chuckle once in a while when thinking about that video + all the stuff what happened afterwards.

Values have certainly taken big hit. Early 2014 you could see english PSA 10 version reaching $250+ , nowadays even $100 is struggle. Gotta agree with @pokemonsyndicate , japanese versions of Entei/Suicune/Raikou star have gone up slowly but steadily.

1 Like

Agreed, the seller also sells these on Marktplaats at 75-80 dollars for all three (his username is Ralph). He continuously offers a wide range of gold stars and ultra rares. I’ve never inquired about the goldstars because it’s always seemed supsicious to me due to the sheer amount of them that were suddenly on the market. Once I did inquire about a ‘Pokemon Base set Compleet 102/102 Engels Charizard NM/MINT !‏’, I’ve still got the email conversation … He wouldn’t accept PayPal for some weird reason. It’s back then when I found the ebay profile ‘renazjuve’ and noticed the similarities in products offered. When I asked him why he doesn’t accept PayPal when he’s got an ebay profile, he told me it’s the account of his brother … still no clue as to why he wouldn’t accept PayPal. Not to mention that the communication wasn’t friendly at all, but maybe that was just my impression. I’ve stayed away from his profile ever since. He doesn’t seem like a nice dude, nor does he seem to care about the community he is selling cards to.

1 Like

@shiningkarpkarp he doesn’t care about collectors one bit, he shills auctions, cancels auctions that don’t go for what he wants, has aquired these cards out of regular distribution methods giving him an easy monopoly on those gold stars, he has threatened to make their price crash if other sellers don’t meet his prices by just undercutting people if they don’t agree to put theirs up, he has screwed the PSA values of the cards by getting so many graded and on top of all that, from various communications with him, he quite frankly seems like a bit of a Dick…

2 Likes

Waiting for the day when a basement full of Gold Star Rayquaza, Latios and Latias are found…

Just so I can see @pottsinator and @dragontype cry.

9 Likes

Aren’t you just glad they’re cheap to collect now?

1 Like

In a way yes but in a way I am not.

Since others can finish their gold star set quicker.

But I always found it fun to look for the Entei Gold Star for a cheap price now I just see some at 20 dollars and I pass it since the card is well easy to get now and I already got a PSA 10 of it from my first time buying it for 15 dollars before this guy came out with a box full of it.

and I am even starting my own Gold Star Entei PSA 1-10 collection. I am mainly looking for Japanese since they are harder to find and truth is they look 10x better than the yellow boarder

2 Likes

What video are you reffering to? I am quite new to collecting Gold Star cards and haven’t heard anything about this before, I was just happy that I could get them for a good deal since I would need them anyway to complete the set, it’s a shame that they have spread like this, in hindsight it’s something that doesn’t really feel good that I indirectly supported by buying :confused:

The dude released a youtube video of him showing just how many gold star cards he had. It was a binder FILLED front to back with nothing but raikou, entei and suicune goldstars. The binder must have been at least 4 inches thick iirc

I’m not sure of the feedback he received but I was jaw dropped. Obviously he or someone else took them directly from the factory. I don’t know much else other than this guy has monopoly on these particular gold stars.

Do you have a link to this? If you can be so kind.

this was months ago. someone posted it on reddit.com/r/pokemon or reddit.com/r/pkmntcgcollections. I can’t seem to find it. it may have been deleted.

think it was a binder of EACH star.
Last person i know to link it was @milhouse but i can’t seem to find it.It really shows how silly this guy was, if he had of been patient and sold them a set at a time from a few accounts he could have made a lot more than he is.

3 Likes