Gold Star Raikou Stolen?

I was looking into a Gold Star card to buy to get signed when Fukuda comes to Dallas. In researching, I discovered how cheap the Raikou was even in PSA 10 and found the pop report is also high for a Gold Star. One of my good friends, piezers, mentioned that there was a whole lot of Raikou Gold Stars that were stolen at one time. I thought that this was all very interesting and I cannot find any information on this occurrence.

Anyone know about this story? Is it true?

At one point someone uploaded a video of three binders full of Entei, Raikou, and Suicune gold stars respectively. An estimate of 5000 (?) of each card were shown. There is no way to have obtained this many through normal distribution. I believe the cards were purchased by a major card store and the supply has since been more restrained. Many of the cards were graded and obviously most were mint.

Correction: Six binders. Two of each card.

3 Likes

I wonder if the legendary dogs will ever hold much value due to this fact? Seems like a lot of supply and many more not submitted? I’m a big fan of Raikou so that is a little disappointing if this is all true.

It is true and the dogs will always be less than all the other goldstars

1 Like

www.elitefourum.com/t/mystery-of-the-entei-suicune-and-raikou-goldstars/13863/1

www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x5st4hx

10 Likes

How?!

This might sound crazy but there are factories out there where pokemon cards are printed on a massive scale :astonished::upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Were they stolen? How does one gain that amount of inventory like that?

Daily reminder none of them are dogs

10 Likes

An employee took them straight from the factory, handed them off to someone else and a large amount ended up in the hands of a store in Europe.
please correct me if I am wrong about this I a m e g g

2 Likes

I remember seeing these on eBay for cheap in 2015 and considered buying a set. I opted against it out of pure disdain for the source of these cards although I am a big fan of ex era cards. One of the few things I have not regretted not purchasing.

Scum hoard sounds like a metal band name haha. Although it would be horde not hoard but same thing

2 Likes

3 Likes

*cough* cardhouse on ebay *cough*

3 Likes

They are based on mythical creatures. The proper commonly known designation would be tiger for Raikou, lion for Entei and leopard for Suicune. The appropriate term is legendary beasts.

1 Like

Sound like cats to me.

2 Likes

I don’t care if they are based on zebras and they look like chimpanzees, I will keep calling them dogs and this tangent is pretty irrelevant to the point of this thread

9 Likes

18 Likes

I wonder what kind of prices these cards would yield if it wasn’t for this guy flooding the market, they are quite popular pokemons after all :confused:

4 Likes