Does anyone have the infamous gold star dogs video archived?

I’m mostly a lurker and figured that this question should end up here due to the subject matter, but I’m sure most people are aware of the situation with the Raikou/Suicune/Entei Gold Star cards.

However, the DailyMotion video has seemed to have disappeared off the website. And I can’t really find any other copies of it. Here’s the video link. It was up as recently as this winter, so the deletion is fairly recent.

Wayback machine never archived the link, so no dice there. Neither do any of the other archive services. Does anyone have this video saved?

So a quick google search gave me this result. Is that the video you were referring to?

6 Likes

That is the correct one that was in the thread mentioned above
There was also a more recent video of someone going through a box full of gold star dogs. It was an Instagram video but it’s been deleted from there since & I can’t seem to find a backup anywhere sadly

Interesting picture. Many of those are heavily bent, so if you were to send these to PSA, would they still get a 10 if everything else is perfect? After all, you wouldn’t see the bend when the card is inside the case

Yep! That video was exactly the correct one.

I wonder if this photo means that Troll and Toad never actually bought the thousands of cards, and they’re just sitting in a box somewhere? I don’t remember any concrete proof coming out that that actually happened.

imgur.com/a/K9JjbDB

5 Likes

How is this possible?

www.elitefourum.com/t/mystery-of-the-entei-suicune-and-raikou-goldstars/13863/1

2 Likes

Keep paying fortunes for “rare” set cards guys. But wait!! Pop 10 is low!! Holy mother of holy grails of the grail!!

Is this the same seller :
www.ebay.com/sch/cardhouse_eu/m.html?_armrs=1&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=gold%20star&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684
Just bought 3 gold star and belived it was a good deal (1764$), but when looking behind the numbers here :
www.pokemonprice.com/CardDetails/2fd14a68-8348-4b75-9cbd-3a69e48e4f6c/entei-holo-gold-star

It’s probely shillbidding…

Feeling stupid and not only a newbe

@ripguyfawkes

PSA doesn’t dock for natural bending caused by the holofoil. All you really have to do to fix that is place the card between two books for a while. It’s viewed very different from something like a crease, which is permanent.

@papafrankgod

But here’s the thing: what percentage of all of those Gold Stars do you think will get PSA 9s or 10s? That’s why people pay a premium for some set cards (such as Gold Stars) in a high grade. For many (if not most) collectors, it’s not just about the card itself; it’s about the condition of the card. 1st Edition Base Set holos technically aren’t “rare” themselves, but there is a reason why people pay through the nose to get PSA 10-graded copies.

1 Like

The price reflects the supply. Sorry to hear that you think the current prices are a “fortune”.

1 Like

I’ve graded ex deoxys reverse holos that looked like half pipes and half got 10s. They all look the same once it’s in a PSA case

1 Like