Mystery of the Entei, Suicune and Raikou Goldstars

Would have enjoyed watching it. Oh well.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5r6kM0tkQs

12 Likes

Nice.

Dear GOD

Just WOW! That is jaw-dropping… Unbeliveable.

What an idiot showing that stash lol, pride got the better of him I guess

6 Likes

They aren’t even sleeved inside the binder pages …

You should try conversing with him. Total wanker.

He posts pretty regularly on reddit, one time I specifically remember him posting words to the effect of;

“Don’t bother asking me to find the best copies of these cards, you get what you are given”

When trying to sell these on reddit for eBay pricing… Total wank!!

3 Likes

@ozenigma Again wow what an idiot, these must have fell on his lap as someone with any sense, business or otherwise would not conduct themselves like that. But if you think about it who better to sell these illegally/?/ obtained products to!

1 Like

I’m going to clear a few things up. So people can stop making assumptions. Many are jumping on someone they think are worse than them so they make themselves feel better. If you are making assumptions and saying something negative without any evidence your no better than the person your accusing. The other thing is if you think he’s a scum bag seller that’s fine but when people look at our threads that attitude will make some wonder if we’re any better.

So here are some facts since I know the individual. He isn’t the original owner of this lot. If you think selling these cards because of their origin is scum or being a shitty person then include myself, rusty, edmerler, and even gary (he said he looked into a similar lot). As collectors or just business people we all would have loved to find a lot like this. I’m sure there were others who knew the original owner of these cards. We don’t know how they were obtained either. They could have been intended for leagues. Many of the people who got items from wotc could be considered scum. Pre releae Raichu, other errors like the MTG/Pokemon. I’m sure others who worked at wotc have varying collections of unique items that they shouldn’t. No one here calls them shit for that. So if you don’t know for sure and can prove you shouldn’t call someone abit for it.

I’m not defending his attitude or selling practices. I find both to be very bad. The level of shill bidding is insane. He made a huge error in revealing his purchase and in turn many people have tried using that to get items from him cheaper. I know he’s had a bit of an attitude before with some people. After his purchase of the gold stars and how everyone has gone after him he’s become even more aggressive. Sort of how some of our interactions with blastoise rules went. Regardless of his actions the more you call or paint someone as the bad guy the more likely they are like they to act like it.

As far as anything regarding his business. He purchased 1000 pop 5 packs for $1000 and if you notice they were selling for $12.50-18 per pack when he sold them he made a killing. He other such purchases where he’d make a lot of money. He’s just being dumb by not letting the graded stuff go for what they sell for on auction. He had some yugioh and ex boxes he made a lot on. So while many don’t agree with his attitude and actions he’s actually done very well in most of his transactions.

So before you type something think if you are saying something factual to the conversation or if you just jumping on the hate wagon.

3 Likes

I’ll be the first one to say it then, obtaining and selling cards in this fashion is not positive for the hobby and I find it wrong, he may not have been the original owner but the practices he has displayed since getting them (asking others to increase the price or threatening to crash them) are just unacceptable if you consider yourself a decent person. He sells them constantly graded and ungraded just for the profit whilst it’s there yet if he dripped them through so to speak he could have made alot more, albeit slower, so he’s not exactly the most shrewd of businessmen is he? Look at the prices of the stars and you can see the effect compared to stars where either hoarding hasn’t happened or isn’t known about. He shills, which anyone can see if you just bid on one of his auctions and won’t hesitate to cancel orders if they aren’t for as much as he wanted to sell the item for. Plus, the worst part, he’s a right dick if you ever call him out on it or will just blank you. I don’t get why anyone would try and defend someone like this. Saying that he’s making money through good business doesn’t make him a morally sound person…

Anyone engaging in similar practices is scum.

9 Likes

Lol @patriotsfan117 & @woolsluk . Both of you are pointing out facts which I don’t disagree with. I made a post about not posting something without having facts. You posts facts to prove I’m wrong?

Like I said I’m not disagreeing with what you’ve said about his practices or his attitude/behavior. People make spectlulations about the cards and him botb now and in previous threads. All I asked was stick to what you know for sure and if you’re going to make a claim make it stick to the facts or something close.

@woolsluk you bring up a good point about it ruining the gold star market. I agree that it has done its damage. I even warned him when he first got it. Sell some for a block period then let it dry up. I haven’t talked to him lately about the gold stars but I get the feeling he’s rushing to get rid of them because it turned out to be a bad investment. That’s on him for the video and his attitude. It’s the Barbra streisand effect. You try to have something removed or forgotten on tbe internet and it just makes it worse.

1 Like

This is a gross oversimplification.

This seller regularly shill bids on his items. He also spams and/or badgers larger sellers.

In regards to how he obtained his cards, they were not obtained legally. Giving the benefit of the doubt on someone who acquired 5,000 of the rarest cards released in a set is beyond speculation. There is absolutely no way to obtain that amount legally.

Also, The guys overall attitude is terrible. He is constantly rude, and doesn’t care whatsoever about the hobby, let alone have a basic level of common decency. It is one thing to have a disagreement with someone, even a heated argument, but majority of the time it is with someone who at least collects or values the hobby. This guy is only here to leech off of a market.

9 Likes

To expound further on some of @e2d2 points, there is a significant difference in someone buying say a sample card, prereelase raichu, or some oddity item vs 5,000 copies of something that was only intended for retail distribution.

PreRaichu, Sample cards, or other oddity items were never intended to hit the shelves. More importantly, they didn’t have a marketed value. The Gold Star cards were only produced to sell in stores, by companies who paid for contracts to buy their product. The amount of copies taken from the warehouse implies that the person had the clear intention of selling. Either way, They were illegally distributed.

Also, there is a major difference between an oddity item going in auction, vs 1,000’s of products that were only intended for retail distribution. Moreover, 5,000 of something will effect the market, as the cards were illegally and unnaturally distributed. In contrast, the oddity items are sparse, didn’t have an actual set value, as they were not meant for distribution.

In regards to speaking for proper sellers, I can only speak for myself. If someone approached me, better yet, when this exact person did approach me, my first questions was, “how did you obtain these cards”? 5,000 copies of something this rare is a massive red flag, especially coming from someone who is not a whole-seller, distributor, or business.

Ultimately, this entire 5,000 GS situation is completely unscrupulous. The cards left that warehouse illegally with clear motivation to sell. This situation only exists in such an unregulated market as pokemon. Turn those cards into iphones, tv’s, laptops, or any other high demand product, the people involved would be prosecuted.

6 Likes

This, for me, is the single greatest point in this conversation. The fact that these are worthy of prosecution.

And I have no patience for “I didn’t her, I slipped and fell and there was penetration” type arguments. This is clearly the consequence of illegal activity and not an impossible scenario whereby the cards were legitimately obtained.

3 Likes

Not to distract from topic, but that comparison is horrible. Can you please find a better and more suitable comparison for all ages?

3 Likes

I think what Charlie is getting at is the argument that “I didn’t do thing X, I did thing Y” (wherein thing X is the same as thing Y, just worded differently to the favor of the speaker). I don’t really think this type of argument lends itself well to analogies.

The argument that was being disputed was that this guy really didn’t steal them, maybe they were intended for events or something else. But in truth, this lot is clearly suspiciously obtained and was not intended for release. Especially when he is exploiting this for financial gain. Hopefully that makes sense.

Whatever I’m done trying to argue with anyone. The majority seem to think I’m defending him or not taking into account x action. I agree he’s got a lot of shitty practices and bad attitude. To which I’ve not argued against. Yes it could be illegal in any other Market who cares many other markets in the US should be considered illegal but they aren’t. It’s Pokemon cards and no one is going to prosecute him.

People do bad things yet there are still those here who deal with them. Many don’t say it openly. People here have dealt with mustbepokemon even after all his scamming, many here will condem chinkpokemon and still deal with or talk with her, I’m not sure of another person buu gemmintpokemon (maybe) someone else lost boosters boxes in a trade to someone in Canada. psagradedpokemoncards traded with that thief for the cards gem mint was supposed to get.

I’m sure you’ll all ignore the point of my original statement but I’ll leave it at this. I just wanted to say keep it factual (If what you said is factual okay don’t try to tell me again because I already agree) and dont jump onbthe hatewagon here but deal with them seretly later. I know of several people and several transactions.

What exactly are you trying to explain to everyone here?

No one is jumping on a hate bandwagon. If anything, people are just identifying the quantifiable patterns.

3 Likes

Mate, I’m entirely able to understand the logic, but find the example used just entirely inappropriate. I’m certain a more relevant and less graphic example can be used. Just my 2 cents.