More additions added :))

Thanks for clearing that up I guess.

I’ll stop posting about additions as and when I get them and stick to posting pictures of collection every few months or so.

Dogma, do the admin from here moderate on Pokegym and Pokebeach or just Pokebeach?

Both. Don’t see why that matters though; all admin staff should be upholding the rules and standards of the forum in question.

I also want to raise a point about banter. Banter comes from getting to know people, sharing knowledge, and just making fun and spontaneous posts. Look at some of the crap Scott and I shoot at each other. Or a certain thread in the Insider Bureau which started with a serious drive for a product and is currently talking about trips to Japan and phobias. These things just happen. Asking for comments just doesn’t create the same sort of atmosphere.

It takes a little bit of time to get to know people in person; its the same on the forums. For example, a few people haven’t commented on my latest thread about my collection but PM’d me about specific cards or to say congrats. When you build up a group of people here you can similarly engage with them in that way too.

Finally, I’m rather proud of this community. I check the forum for new posts every hour or so because I love what we’ve achieved in a year, how everyone is so happy to help and share knowledge, the deals that have gone down and the celebrations of new purchases. So I am glad its exclusive and not large like the major sites. And so too are the very same admin staff who moderate those larger forums

I was just curious about the modding on the other forums as I looked through the leaders on Pokegym but didn’t see your name there unless I’m missing it.

I was posting all my recent additions in here to also try and get to know people and fit in with the community which is why I was also eager for replies so I could talk to people more and get to know them.

The fact this site is not as large as the other two you mentioned is what made me favour this site over them both as I felt it could be a close knit community.

I’m not a mod of Pokegym, DJ is (and we officially give him final say on here as the idea of the site was his)

viper.fox is a mod of Pokebeach. Neither are admins, but largely the distinction doesn’t matter to people who just post.

Scott and I are not mods of anything than here, which is why we get to spend more time on here!

Also, I don’t have a job at the moment, so that is why I spent more time on here, and on pokegym. :blush:

wow wonder how much those crystal cards set you back lol.i got the japanese crystal kabutops for 15 shipped on ebay 2 weeks back

@legendslugia - Is that $15 or £15 and was it 1st edition?

@viper-fox - The majority of people I’ve asked have said I over paid on the crystal cards but like you I never see them for sale, so when a mint 1st edition JPN one comes on eBay with no reserve I make sure I win (well within reason to myself). All the well known sites don’t have any and/or they want more than I paid.

I paid in £ but I’ll convert into $.

1st ED Japanese Nidoking - $48
1st ED Japanese Kabutops - $37
1st ED Japanese Crobat - $37

Prices inc shipping and all are mint!

One of my collection goals is to have all E1 through to E5 Japanese Holo Crystal Cards in 1st edition, which means every holo!

I can’t ever see someone selling a set, nevermind all 5, so I’m going to try and build it myself.

Crystal Cards are probably my favourite cards and I’ve read/heard the Japanese ones are even more rare than English, can anyone confirm?

brought it for $15 dollars shipped and it was 1st ed

These came today. Complete Sweepstakes set.

Had other deliveries which I’ll add pics of later on.

Niiiiiiiiiice!

How much did those set you back? (And can someone explain what these actually were?)

They were £130 delivered Dogma, I’m not sure if that’s a good, bad or average price, maybe someone could let me know?

I’ve searched on the net but can’t find any complete sets for sale. I’ve seen 4 of them (not inc Blastoise or Charizard) for around £40 each buy it now on eBay.

Brian Japan had a set on recently for around £380 buy it now but there no longer on eBay, I wonder if they sold for that price :open_mouth:

Here’s what the seller told me about them.

"You are bidding on one 2002 Japanese TRIPLE GET SWEEPSTAKES complete set of 6 Holo / Shiny Cards. They were only available back in 2002 in a special Sweepstakes Lottery. If you cut out the proof of purchase seals from 3 starter decks and glued them to a postcard and then sent them in, your name got entered into a sweepstakes drawing. Only 3000 lucky winners from all of Japan were drawn in a random lottery. NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND EVEN IN JAPAN. When these came out back in 2002, they sold for as high as £600 a set. You will receive ALL 6 holofoils:

Venusaur #012/P
Blastoise #013/P
Charizard #014/P
Meganium #015/P
Feraligator #016/P
Typhlosion #017/P

The cards are all from the very first set of black star promos. All in mint condition. This set is nearly impossible to find now. Especially in Mint condition. It was never available in any booster pack, starter set, or deck. Dont miss this opportunity. "

@dj - Why aye man ;D

Eeeeew!! Next you’re all going to talk like Cheryl Cole!

(omg do you two sound all Geordie?)

I don’t sound Geordie, well maybe a little bit.

Here’s a few more pics. I’ve already put them in a binder and didn’t want to take out, so pics taken in binders.

6x Gold Stars, 2 are the same, not sure why lol.

1st ED Shining Charizard, 1st ED Shining Noctowl, 1st ED Shining Gyarados and Shining Magikarp.

I like this part of the binder :confused:

Hate hate hate hate hate! In the next year or so these will have to be one of my priority purchases!

very nice becky!

These have just come on eBay:

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pokemon-Sweepstakes-Lottery-Complete-Set-Japanese-Rare-/120743554920?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1ce06f68

He/she has used the exact same pictures and description as the one’s used in the auction I bought the sweepstakes from.

Even copied the bit about the non paying bidder and about selling of music stuff. All the EXACT same as the auction I won.

:confused:

Lol :stuck_out_tongue:

I asked on pokebeach a few months ago about binders and the majority of people said to go with ultra pro premium at a cost of £20 each o.O

Becky run away! Why is DJ stalking you…

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

Oh god how I laughed at that. Maybe that should be catchphrase…

I currently work with a load of mathmos, being an actuary. Maybe I should run that line past them!

(PS: I still don’t get what you mean by that. If you’re surprised that you know Becky from UPCCC but she happens to live so close to you, then if you really did the stats you’d find that the odds are a lot better than you’d think :blush: )

LOL this would make a good Jeremy Kyle show topic…

Just had a few more cards arrive this morning.

1st ED Shining Kabutops. Trying to get all 8 triple star Shining cards in English and 1st ED but there rarely on UK or even US eBay.

Another Victory Ring, 2 now.

A few Japanese Gold Stars, Suicune (1st ED), Rayquaza and Latios.