Lets play a game: Did I get screwed over or nah?

So today I ended up bidding on these 2 listings on ebay (I was the first and only bidder) and the guy decides to end it early so I win both.

Now to the game part:

Is there something shady going on OR did I really get all of these for the price I paid? xD

Comment opinions please!

www.ebay.com/itm/Charizard-Blastoise-Venasaur-and-other-holo-cards-with-others-/152451956460?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=EnRKA2xQ%252B8O3Hd0SzTN7aWK9oJs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-1ST-EDITION-CHARIZARD-4-102-Base-Set-Holo-Shadowless-/152452548359?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=EnRKA2xQ%252B8O3Hd0SzTN7aWK9oJs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

1 Like

xD isn’t it great? lol

The second one says 1st edition with 1st edition no where in sight of the picture!

In addition to all the red flags mentioned, the seller has 0 feedback as a seller in the last 12 months.

1 Like

If you really won those cards at those prices then congrats! What a deal! :grin:

1 Like

Maybe the seller made it look like a poopy listing on purpose to make sure his amazing collection of gem mint 10 first editions went to somebody pure of heart and completely trusting. Fingers crossed for ya!

1 Like

So many red flags, but good luck and hope it’s legit! :blush:

1 Like

Yeah you won’t be getting any PSA Cards

3 Likes

You probably won’t be getting anything seen here, but it was a good move to bid on this stuff if you have the money. If you don’t get what’s pictured you simply return the items for a full refund. If for some insane reason you actually do get the items pictured then it’s an amazing steal.

1 Like

You have a better chance of finding a bag with 100k inside on the way to work;)

3 Likes

Tbh I’m not hoping for much! Although it would be extremely awesome if I got everything pictured lol but like fourth said, I got my cases ready to be opened just in case!. We shall see Wednesday or Thursday as he shipped it out already! Glad I’m not the only one who thought it was a fishy listing!

yeah these types of listings are best not to even bid on, its clear you won’t be getting the PSA cards, and there is the hassle and time wasting of having to open cases and send everything back

edit; he does say this

‘Some of the pics are off the internet so you can see the card then there are actual pictures to show the cards excist.’

so he states there are some stock pictures

he’s ripped the charizard photo from this listing
www.ebay.com/itm/192039686352

1 Like

Yeah, as most people said it would be very lucky if you received anything close. After lending money to these people on these auctions for years, I finally stopped doing it because I was tired of being a bank. Good luck, but don’t get your hopes up!

2 Likes

Yeah, pretty sure you won’t like whatever you do receive. Reminds me of this listing that I bought the other day:
www.ebay.com/itm/Cancer-Fund-Raiser-Rare-1st-edition-Pokemon-Base-Shadowless-Green-WingCard-/122359821848?

Needless to say I checked into it, determined that the card image wasn’t theirs and asked them for an actual photo. Then came all sorts of stories ending in their son was bringing it to them but got in a car wreck. But card seems to have gone missing. Auction cancelled by seller, no payment from me.

I’ve had some luck weeding out some of the bogus listings by asking for actual photos if I have any suspicion that the photos are taken off the web. Then I don’t have to tie up my money for weeks waiting for eBays resolution process.

4 Likes

You’re right. I realized that 15 years ago and stopped wasting time with them then;)

1 Like

Good analogy!

1 Like

Sigh not looking good for the 2nd package xD

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Poor charchu:( So trusting;)

2 Likes

I am too nice :slightly_frowning_face:

The suspense is killing me on what box number 2 will contain!

2 Likes

can you say eBay chargeback?

xD I already got the refund. The guy didn’t even pay for return shipping and case is closed…I now have garbage to dispose of.

3 Likes