Good buy or not?

Hi everyone,
Today I made a (rather impulsive) purchase of a near-complete (probably 75-80%) shadowless base set. The holos are maybe 40% shadowless (charizard, blastoise, alakazam, and 3 or 4 others included) while the regular cards are mostly all shadowless. The cards that weren’t shadowless are just unlimited, so I’m getting a complete base set anyways. Everything is supposedly in near mint condition, some possibly better. I paid a little over $300 USD for the lot, was this a good/solid deal?

Do you have pictures, conditions etc ? :blush: Im no expert but just curious to have a look.It will help the forum decide aswell. It sounds decent but I dont dabble in base set at the moment so couldnt say :wink:

Seems decent to me. Have to look over the conditions once you get them but if the Charizard and Blastoise are NM+ or better it’d be a pretty great deal in my opinion.

Depends on condition.

Here’s the ebay listing: www.ebay.com/itm/142403024536?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

If the Charizard and Blastoise are not as advertised it’s not worth it.
Normally it’s best to steer clear of listings like that.

I really hope the charizard looks solid. If not then I definitely made a mistake purchasing. I’m also pretty new to collecting so I’m not sure what to look for :blush:

You can always return it if it’s not as described. In cases like this where the seller doesn’t show the backs of the cards, ebay is sure to side with the buyer if something’s off.

And by that he means you can find a spec of dirt on one card that isn’t clearly photographed and that’s all it takes. eBay will basically always side with the buyer. Such a shit policy abused by scumbags.

2 Likes

If the cards aren’t as described I will likely try for a refund/partial refund. Really hope I won’t have to though. I really wanted a shadowless charizard in great condition but can’t afford the PSA 9 quite yet.

Next time you want to buy something, ask for pictures of the backs aswell.Unless you already did?

Want some gravy?

:heart_eyes:

I totally agree.
I’ve returned 2 or 3 items in nearly 20 years. You can chalk that up to due diligence as a buyer and not wanting to hurt the system buy returning things I can just resell or give away…even at a little loss.
If someone does it to me, I put them immediately on my block list. I’m not a bank plus I don’t have time to waste.

I asked for a pic of the back but didn’t get any response. Probably a bad idea to just randomly buy but I was under the impression that it was a great deal and someone else would snatch it up haha. I really need to work on being less impulsive/excited! I guess I have a lot to learn as a collector.

Look at it this way; if someone is selling something like this raw it’s most likely because it’s not going to receive a 9, 10 or even an 8 grade.

That’s alright Scott. Maybe it’ll be a 10;) Fingers crossed:)

1 Like

Based on the front picture I saw a tiny bit of scratching and a bit of silvering/edgewear. If the back is really good I could see the card getting a 7/8. Figured it was worth the risk.

1 Like

Interestingly enough, I recently won a case where I sold some cards described as Used and with close-ups of the fronts and backs of each. Buyer opened a NAD case 14 days after the item was delivered without any photographic proof. Obviously a case of buyer’s remorse. Well, ebay immediately put my funds on hold and approved the return. After a useless call (don’t know why I even bothered) with an outsourced rep and several in-depth emails to ebay support, I got ebay to change their decision and give the buyer 5 days to provide evidence. The idiot never responded after that, I got my money back, and he was blocked from leaving feedback for me.

TLDR; After way too much effort, I won a case as a seller.

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve been in that boat too. Won a case after appeal and received my card back and full reimbursement of the listing. From ebays standpoint from talkin to a rep they have a limited number of cases that they’ll allow appeals in this manner. she quoted some dollar figure and said I’ve received some of these goodwill reimbursements before. She also said we as sellers need to expect this and write it off as cost of doing business which is a load of shit for a selling platform I have to pay for.

Anyways. Sorry to detail the thread. Hope your cards are up to snuff!

2 Likes

I hope so too! I’ll be sure to post back with updates (and pictures) once I get the cards. Really excited to have a complete base set at the very least.

1 Like