Too good to be true..... or is it?

So I searched “Charizard” and found something, an incorrectly listed 1st edition shadowless charizard. I made an offer for $1k and got accepted. There were only 2 pictures, both of the front. Seller has 0 feedback and has been a member since 2015. He accepted, so I asked for more pictures, which I received. I asked for a time stamp and got that too. The card in question is in an ultra pro case, and is in the same in all the pictures. My question is, do you guys think it’s legit?

3 Likes

Probably not

8 Likes

Try searching for the pictures on google. Friend of mine had something similar just yesterday. Someone offered a Charizard PSA 9 for way under market, even gave him a time stamp (I didn’t see that photo), but if you searched for the picture in the offer on google you could see that the card was originally being offered by someone else in Singapore.

Tl;dr: If it’s too good to be true, it is.

1 Like

Yeah, but then again I recently bought 2 base set packs for $100 and a MP charizard for $50 so idk

1 Like

Time will tell

I’d risk it for that, worst case is no card or a proxy.

1 Like

if you pay via PayPal and don’t mind having a dispute if things go south you can go for it. I might just be very risk averse with those kind of offers.

Well, I asked him for a video, and he sent me that too. I think this might actually be legit, background matches everything else he sent me

That sounds really good. He might just not be aware of prices then, but you never know. Just make to sure to use PayPal if you go through with it. I probably still wouldn’t do it lol

This is the video in question, the holo does shine so I don’t think it’s fake, proxies usually have a thin border. I think I’m just gonna take th risk, worst case scenario I have to get a refund
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MNZRM2lXks

2 Likes

Yeah the card looks good. Maybe you found yourself a really good deal. Rooting for you!

This is becoming more prevalent. More people coming in means more scammers too. The “high risk, no reward” factor will become more frequent as time moves on.

More info, here’s the listing, and here are the messages the seller sent me, and the timestamp.

Kind of weird how seller doesn’t show up close of the front and back.

Gonna take closer look

@kingboo64 ,

Do not share the listing my dude wtf

People here will literally steal it

Also, he’s using the wrong size one touch, so the card will have dents from it. Still a steal tho

5 Likes

*People here will be spamming him asking if he has any other cards for sale not listed

Well, I’m gonna say he has the card, the question is will I get it? I will update this thread if/when the package arrives, I’m just going to buy it. If it really does show up it’s the deal of a lifetime. Thanks everyone!

I’d be worried about someone messaging the seller and saying ‘give you 2k for it’

Crossing my fingers you get it!

Sellers lack of history is very sus but fingers crossed for you