Killer Craigslist Find?

Alright as always I look far and wide for whatever base set pokemon cards I can find, I decided to checkout craigslist after checking it a few weeks back and find a new posting less than 24 hours ago of a giant base set collection asking $350, the listing has over 300 cards and alot of potential valuable cards. I sent him a email asking to see the back of a few cards and decided to offer him $150 not knowing the exact condition of the rest of the collection, he agreed on $150 and are on the way. He says they are in excellent condition, check out these images and tell me what you think. I think I hit the jackpot on this deal if the cards are in nm/mint+

Shadowless Venusaur
Shadowless Mewtwo
Shadowless Nidoking
Shadowless Clefairy
Shadowless Gyarados
1st Edition Shadowless Pikachu & Squirtle

and a bunch more…

Not bad not bad…

Almost beats the time I bought a mint 1st edition Zard for $600 and graded it a 9!

But nice find man!

Thanks, still worried not seeing better pictures of the collection but I made sure to get some detailed pictures of the charizard, blastoise and venusaur.

1 Like

Definitely keep us updated when it arrives!

1 Like

Will do, if anyone has there eyes on any of them they will most likely be up for sale.

Oooo, I’d love that Fossil Moltres if it’s in good condition ^^!

1 Like

Well today I went and picked up the lot I posted above and I was a bit disappointed with a few cards that I was excited about but all in all I did very well. I will list all of the cards with what condition/psa grade I would assume and show you guys the pictures.

Charizard -Excellent- PSA 9(Front is perfect, little white showing on back border)
Blastoise -Excellent- PSA 9(Front is perfect, little white showing on back border)
Shadowless Venusaur -Excellent- PSA 9(Front is perfect, little white showing on back border)
Shadowless Nidoking -Amazing- PSA 10?(Cannot find any defects other then the centering)
Shadowless Mewtwo -Terrible- PSA 2 (Scratches everywhere on the front)
Shadowless Gyarados -Great- PSA 8 (Little Sratches on front holo)
Shadowless Clefairy -Great- PSA 8 (Few scratches on front of card)
Moltres -Exellent- PSA 8/9 (Some silvering on edges and corner wear on back)
Articuno -Exellent- PSA 9 (Slight silvering everything else looks great)
Lapras -Exellent- PSA 8/9 (Few small holo scratches and small edgewear)
Vaporeon -Great- PSA 7 (Scratches on holo and silvering)
Victreebel -Exellent- PSA 8 (Silvering and slight edgewear)
Muk -Exellent- PSA 9 (small edgewear)
Pinsir -Poor- PSA 6 (scratches,silvering and edgewear)
Jolteon -Poor- PSA 6 (Sratches,silvering and edgewear)
Gengar -Great- PSA 8 (Few holo scratches and silvering)

Next we will go over the 1st Edition Shadowless non-holos.

There were alot in this Lot and since they are all in the same condition ill just keep it short and sweet and let you see everything I have from the pictures. These Trainers and rare/commons/un-commons are in amazing condition, All of them appear to be in PSA 9-10 condition. Here are some pictures of the lot.

Craigslist is hit or miss when it comes to condition (and in my experience, usually a miss). Happy to see you did well!

1 Like

Certainly a good buy regardless of a few disappointments.

Thanks guys, I was really looking forward to the shadowless mewtwo and it was the worst card by far.

Into every life a little rain must fall. (Corny enough?:smirk:)

And sometimes it feels like you live in Baton Rouge.

1 Like

Very awesome Craigslist find! Happy to know that the cards are in great condition. This is a great start for you!

Wow, those are in incredible condition for their age! Kudos on the get :grin:

1 Like