Fake graded charizord - watch out!

www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Pokemon-Base-Set-Shadowless-1st-Edition-Holo-Charizard-4-PSA-9-MINT/184795737557here’s the same guy pumping it on reddit:www.reddit.com/user/oZEUSo/

Please report this listing if it’s still up. The slab and card are counterfeit. Here is the real version with the matching cert:www.ebay.com/itm/184722921696
Here are the indicators:-colour of the card (saturation)
-size of the border-subtle characteristics of the slab plasticmost obviously, the back of the label has a flat holographic effect whereas the real card is only holo on the letters. Additionally the word “Sports” is filled in solid on the fake label and only outlined on the real one.
Be careful out there

19 Likes

Dat disclaimer:

(Disclaimer) i dont know if its real or fake i belive its real my pokemon expert told me but some other people said its fake so with that being said. If you buy it you take all responsibility for it.

7 Likes

Reported, the main thing about these slabs is that they are missing the PSA logo in the bottom right

7 Likes

True - well spotted

3 Likes

Damn, reported the fake monkey

1 Like

Just look at the colouring border around the words “Pokemon” on the back

3 Likes

These slabs are getting closer and closer to a perfect copy. This would definitely fool a lot of people (not talking about you e4 veterans). Kinda worrying that they may be able to reach that point sometime in the future.

6 Likes

Remember kids, no one can sell counterfeit goods on eBay. Any sales of such items are null and void, at the seller’s expense per eBay user policy. lol. “But I put a disclaimer!”

2 Likes

Fooled me (the slab) until I did a side-by-side. This is why it’s important, even for veterans, to take their time.

2 Likes

Is there a Mega thread for fake eBay listings?

Closest thing is the eBay Garbage thread atm.

At this pace we might get to a “Giant Fake Listings Thread” eventually

2 Likes

Damn, it was only a meme last year, but now it looks like we actually do need an authetication slab around our authetication slab around the card.

5 Likes

Yeah look at the amount of bids from high feedback accounts already. Its fooling ppl with $10-15k+ available to spend on these cards.

2 Likes

I will make sure to win it :wink:

Heaps of people have reported it, myself included, but it’s still not cancelled.

3 Likes

I just tried to report it but received the error message, “We are not able to process your message now.”

This is so incredibly sad to see and I really hope this garbage goes unpaid for.

1 Like

I was able to report it as counterfeit. There’s only 42 minutes left on the auction though.

2 Likes

Exactly my thoughts. I am actually surprised it is taking so long. I have also brought up the first edition stamps fakes here some time ago, as I think it might be an issue in the future and unlimited/shadowless might start carrying premiun in the long long long run due to this.

1 Like

Reported it on eBay as well just yet.

I get that same message every time I try to report something on eBay.com. If you change the ‘.com’ in the url of the auction to ‘.co.uk’ you should be able to report it after logging in to the UK eBay. I’m not sure, but maybe the eBay.com report tool is unavailable outside of the US?

Greetz,
Quuador

Nope, just reported it via pfm’s original link.

It wouldn’t let me bid using a new account so it looks like a very legit account won it. Very sad :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like