Fake Pokemon Cards that look real! Selling as Proxies on eba

why does ebay allow fake cards like this to be sold on ebay? I tried reporting but I don’t think me alone will help take it down. Lol but I must say it looks so real how did they even get that? I attached a link here

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F193587665685

I think ebay really needs to be on top of this. Im all for fake cards espeically ones that look amazing like that but to sell it easy on ebay thats crazy its already at $100

1 Like

Also this guy here on instagram is making thousands a day selling his proxys. i think he is the one selling them

instagram.com/oricacardmaker?igshid=1wt0mizyf3wdq

His made fake 1st edition shadowless charizards https://instagram.com/p/CAZiLPYlr-K

How do we stop him?

Reported it as well, extremely annoying. I’ll give them creds for replicating the trophy case though

1 Like

That 1st Ed Charizard is actually kinda close. Off the bat I notice that the color scheme is unlimited instead of shadowless, the borders are a little thin, and the holo pattern doesn’t have the depth/mirror effect the first few WotC sets have. Other than that it looks pretty good… I could see people getting fooled.

As fake cards evolve in this way (replicas becoming closer to the originals, higher value cards, being sold for more money) the hobby is hurt more and more. I hope it doesn’t continue to spread. Best thing to do is to not interact with these people and avise against it.

1 Like

proxy cards are cool when people put custom artworks on them, but it kinda sucks more and more people are using them to replicate original cards.

2 Likes

Has anyone held an Orica card in hand? I’d imagine they seem muh worse to the touch than they do in stills/vid

Well this ebay listing jusg sold for $220!

Can’t we report it ? rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F193590873461

So I took a look into his instgram page and it seems he is German. He also posted this photo:

https://instagram.com/p/CAZ57TcFcXZ

Which translates to:

So basically, Ebay gave him immunity to proxy reports.

1 Like

That’s really unfortunate. To change their rules specifically for one individual seller is a strange move of ebay.
The only authority that could step in now is TPCi, right? And they don’t really seem to be bothered by “small” fishes in the secondary market. As long as this seller doesn’t fake huge amounts of new product that make a dent in real Pokemon TCG sales, he basically has a free pass to fake and sell his stuff. Pretty frustrating…

1 Like

Yeah this guy is selling on multiple different sites - trophies, 1st edition base in multiple languages, no wonder reports didn’t do anything. I can’t believe eBay is giving people like him immunity from their own rules - maybe it’s because he registered his “business”. Ah well, “This listing is the seller’s responsibility only and we’re not liable.” I guess.

Edit - I’ll just leave his here lol.

https://instagram.com/p/CAK7YGWFe2c

Looks like tpci are the only ones who can decide to defend their ip. Time to not waste any more time on reporting then :confounded:

1 Like

Sadly, this is a big part of the reason we need grading / authentication services.

4 Likes

Can we at least get his etsy closed down and other shops? To stop him selling fakes every day?

Wait a minute, after reading the mail he posted with his rant - does the eBay employee actually think proxy/orIcA and fake cards are two different things?!
“I think [my coworkes blocked your account] because they don’t know what proxy cards are. Then they also read “not original” in your description and think [your card] is fake.”
Well, his proxies of existing cards literally are just that - fake! What the hell :rofl:

Facts, kinda wish all cards were just graded one day.

This is the guys ebay… he has made thousands! Can we all report the account? Selling counterfeits. ebay.co.uk/usr/orica_cardmaker

link doesn’t work for me, yesterday when I went to his ebay store through his website he didn’t have any listings. I wonder if he deleted his account and just created a new one.

This thread is laughable. Do people on here not realize that most of ebay’s employees are people out of India who can barely speak english? Most of them don’t even know anything about Pokemon, let alone anything outside of what is written on their script. I still can’t believe that people waste time trying to interact with eBay now a days. Even the few workers they have in the US just don’t care since they have metrics that make them force you off the phone as soon as possible.

Also, the people suggesting grading companies, yeah let’s get the high schoolers at PSA & Beckett involved and give them 5x the price to probably ignore this just like they ignored grading fake Yugioh cards.

I find your first statement offensive and unnecessary. There have been many members including myself who have had positive experiences with some of the employees and though while some of us have had to deal with certain frustrations, others have had success in dealing with customer service for some major incidents. I imagine people are trying to put the pressure on ebay to make that change, and if they continue to do so, that pressure MAY just work. Better to try than assume it won’t.

While it’s frustrating that Ebay won’t take a stance on fake product, your second comment rings some truth into the problem that some people have highlighted before. One of the setbacks of having an increased interest, an increased investment in product, and an increase in prices due to the popularity of grading, is the increased likelihood of fakes. Even in their best interest, companies like PSA have graded fakes before (Yugioh, as you mentioned, is where this has occurred the most), so grading isn’t a 100% guarantee (though there’s a large invested hope that CGC will change that).

The most we can do as collectors is put the pressure on people trying to sell fake cards, avoid the purchasing of them and circulation of them as much as possible, and have our voices heard.

3 Likes

Reported some of his items and told ebay (in German) through their report message that orica/proxy is just another word for fake.

And no, german support is usually not outsourced to that degree. Those are well-paid (more or less) German citizens who are just too dense.

1 Like

We hate fakes thread 7857.