Fake Pokemon Cards that look real! Selling as Proxies on eba

Its true though. Its a waste of time go to after fraud on ebay since the people working there are pretty clueless or are in a poor country with no power sides reading a script. They pick and choose who they want to apply the rules to. If your a big company you can get away with alot of stuff. I remember with Magic when Hasbro released their Mythic Editions and they had to cancel 12000+ orders due to some error with inventory. Any regular person would get banned. Hasbro didnt get banned even with 1000+ negative feedbacks. Complete waste of time to spend energy on stuff like that since it will get you nowhere.

And grading companies, yeah don’t even get me started on them. I still to do this day don’t understand why people put a premium on what an 18 year old’s opinion is on your card. People think the management of these companies are the ones grading your stuff. Its not. Its a bunch of minimum wage workers who barely finished high school and have next to no expertise’s. Unbelievable the stuff people buy now a days.

1 Like

I know this will be pretty unpopular, but I plan to buy a proxy of an Illustrator card from Orica to fill an otherwise unfillable hole in my collection. I also do not like faking cards, but while I can still hope to buy a Victory Orb one day, that one has gone far out of reach to me.

That said, I’ll happily make a review of the card when I get it so that people have materials to distinguish them and not get scammed.

I’ll trade you my fake money for your real money! DM me!

Well, as I said I ordered a fake Illustrator to orica to have placeholder in my collection… and here is my review:

This is crap, don’t ever worry for your collection. International back instead of Japanese, 4 times thickness of a card, Christmas paper for holofoil… well I got refunded that’s the only positive point

5 Likes

lol i still have a 1st ed Charizard from this guy - quality is horrible, 2-3 thicker than normal card, glue marks all over, holo pattern is not even close…

1 Like

Took a quick look at his store, seems like he clearly marks everything as “handmade” and isn’t trying to pass them off as real. Why is this so bad? Not my cup of tea but people buy replicas of everything, clothes, watches, shoes, other collectibles, the demand is clearly there.

Took a quick trip to my local black market arms dealer. He clearly marks everything as illegal lethal weaponry, and isn’t trying to pass it off as legit. Why is this so bad? Not my cup of tea but people buy things illegally all the time. As long as there’s demand, anything is okay!

10 Likes

LOL this is gold

1 Like

Aside from the fact that he’s profiting off of the IP of Pokemon, these ‘replicas’ also are directly contrary to the spirit of collecting. The whole point of this hobby is to collect authentic cards, not third-party print outs.

There’s an argument for proxies in MTG because not everyone is involved in MTG to collect. Some people just want to play the game and don’t care about collecting. But Pokemon is nearly 100% a collecting hobby. There are no shortcuts in collecting – collecting is about the process more than the outcome. Fake cards invalidate the efforts of collectors and there should be zero tolerance in this community for fake cards of any sort (even if the seller acknowledges that the cards are fake).

1 Like

But not everyone is that serious about collecting, some people just saw a cool card they like and went for a replica. Not like the real card market is going to be affected by it, the collectors spending thousands on the actual cards are hardly the same people that buy the fake ones. I don’t see why someone owning the real deal would be affected by someone else owning an obvious fake.

But I feel as if this is more of a personal belief/perspective thing, don’t think we’ll change each others minds much.

I don’t see a problem with people selling orica / proxy cards as long as that is what’s described. Sometimes people buy them because they want to play them in decks (not only for Pokemon but other card games) because the real ones are too much for them.

But if you’re trying to pass counterfeit cards as legit then yeah that’s a problem. Also with a username like orica_cardmaker why would you expect real cards from them?

You contradict yourself

?

You know I play with written pieces of paper, so you don’t care when a person steals from the pokemon company but you care when a person steals from another buyer.

I would agree if some cards were not 6 digits in price. As a Mew collector, I obviously like the process of finding these cards, but I can’t realistically buy an Illustrator for a small cameo on a painted sheet of paper.

That said, the process of finding that cameo was cool enough that I’d be happy to have an Illustrator proxy in my collection of actual cards to show it off.

Sure, you can fool yourself that way