Impacted CGC orders from Polaris Grading

Correct, Polaris US using the Ludkins UK CGC account to submit, rather than making one themselves.

2 Likes

Wait, so you used a middleman who then used another middleman? I can’t keep all of this straight.

4 Likes

Yes and the second middleman apparently used a third company to process payments :upside_down_face:.

1 Like

I just… Wow. This whole situation is getting completely new dimensions

5 Likes

Awaiting CGC’s response to all of this. I don’t see why “resolution” needs to take ANOTHER two months. And if it does, then let us know why it’s taking so long. We deserve to know as customers. The lack of communication of this entire process has been beyond frustrating. This hobby is supposed to be fun.

When money is involved fun is compromised

5 Likes

I got a reply from CGC, at least my order and I may guess the other ones that arrived are safe, they can’t provide more information and we need Peter to resolve it.

I’ve tried multiple times to get anything from CGC directly, they just turned me down thrice. Even asked if I could get proof of my cards and transfer the order to my account. (Opened months after subbing this specific sub). I have 25 cards so the chances of a block in the sub being the same is ridiculously low. No ones willing to help, Ludkins/Polaris aren’t interested in disclosing anything either. Frustrating!

3 Likes

You honestly think CGC is going to give customer B information about customer A’s order? That opens the door for lawsuits and all sorts of legal action to be taken against them. Have you ever contacted a bank asking about your neighbor’s account?

1 Like

I wouldn’t blame CGC/PSA for this issue, they’ve been put into an awkward position

1 Like

I know it’s a pain in the ass but CGC is not on fault here, and in their eyes you are not the owner of the cards, it’s Polaris Grading, so they will only work something out with them. Personally I won’t use a middleman service again, only used it cos I’m from aboard and thought it would be easier with the paperwork as I have no experience grading cards, as said before this is actually the first card I grade and only cos I needed the authenticity, couldn’t care less for the grade.

1 Like

That isnt really a good comparison though, this is more like going to a bank and asking them to do a balance transfer from another company you use. The items/funds are yours, but the company you used originally isnt doing what you wanted so youre asking the bank to step in. While its apples and oranges really, i know that banks do balance transfers between institutions, theyll hide the fees though lol.

1 Like

Not looking for customer A’s information, just wamted to know my cards were actually there. You severely underestimate how little Ludkins has told anyone up until last week.

I have open orders with them for CGC, so well aware of the lack of communication up until last week

In comparison to Nat Turners response though, it really stings man. Psa tleast are trying to make it right for the end customers, seems like CGC doesn’t care one bit. What’s wild to me is this isnt rocket science all Ludkins has to do is pay,
I think Ludkins US is hiding something, considering the fact that UK has outright denied having any ties with CGC, doesnt make sense for Peter to use their payment account!

2 Likes

That’s my issue with everything. PSA released statements that they are taking care of customers and even allowing them to fill out a form to get their cards back. I’m not tRyInG tO geT mY NeIgHbOr’S bAnK aCcOuNt, I’m trying to get my cards back. They could issue a statement to those affected. A tweet would do wonders to let us know they are even WORKING on the problem.

1 Like

Exactly, at the end of the day I did not give up ownership of my cards! They’re still my property :rofl: CGC are cooked, uninterested. Peter/Polaris are even worse. I dont think see a good scenario from all of this

psa didn’t have to say anything so I get if cgc doesn’t. polaris ludkins us or whatever name they are is the problem. it takes a few minutes to send out a email they just don’t care about their customers.

Polaris is indeed the problem, and the only info we got so far is that large email posted above.

They don’t have the money to pay, which is why this whole issue happened in the first place

5 Likes